unsed plug on rns-e?

paulsb

Reaction score
whats this brown plug on the left for?

411587715_tp.jpg

any ifo would be great

thanks

Last edited:
As stated - it's for feeding RGB video and L+R audio to accompany the video signal from a Multimedia Interface or TV Tuner. There is also provision to connect an AUX L+R Audio input on this plug for any audio source. You do need to code the RNS-E accordingly to also enable these inputs. In the US I believe the AUX input is used for Satellite Radio input.
I have made these inputs user accessible as follows:

15-RVSL_Glovebox_Front.jpg

how do we know what options are available for a certain rnse? i've seen some running tv's and backup cameras but I don't think mine has those options unfortunately.

Love the headunit but at times I feel I should have gone aftermarket

how do we know what options are available for a certain rnse? i've seen some running tv's and backup cameras but I don't think mine has those options unfortunately.

Love the headunit but at times I feel I should have gone aftermarket

All rns-e units have those functions. You just need to retro fit and enable. I've had tv in my car before and it was kinda pointless unless waiting for the Mrs. The reversing camera would be good, but too long for me to fit so can't be bothered. Vcds will tell you what is enabled, and what isn't.

See here - http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_Radio/Navigation_System_(RNS-E)

You can run an aux cable from it too. Little tip, the plug for it is the same as the plug that goes into to door control unit. If your handy with soldering you can make the cable yourself.

Did it on mine, got the plug from the door on an a4 in the breakers yard, made my own harness and fitted an aux plug from maplin in the pocket under the arm rest!