Unlocking the ****** car !!

Bald man

Reaction score
Evening.

Audi A4 Avant B7 2008.

I get the press the unlock button and drivers door opens, but all other doors stay locked, I have to press the button 2 or 3 times, or hold it down for sometime, now I have reverted to unlocking the drivers door and then unlocking the rest of the car by using the button on the drivers door, help

Others on here are far better qualified to comment than me, but mine's the same, it's called the "safe locking" feature and can be coded out of the central locking module - I plan to do this because I find it frustrating too. You either need an Audi dealer, or someone with Vag-Com/VCDS to re-programme the module.

Yes, it is annoying! I think the manual says a double press one after the other. The other option is to get someone in your area with VCDS (Vag-Com) to recode the central convenience module so that they all open on a single press, very easy.

Yep, does my nut in, adding it to the list of things that aren't helpful with these cars.

yeh it did my head in also i had it removerd with the auto windows down feature now unlocks all doors and boot on one press thanks to vcds

selective locking
its for when your in a dark carpark
no one can just in the other doors
etc

Evening.

Audi A4 Avant B7 2008.

I get the press the unlock button and drivers door opens, but all other doors stay locked, I have to press the button 2 or 3 times, or hold it down for sometime, now I have reverted to unlocking the drivers door and then unlocking the rest of the car by using the button on the drivers door, help

Open your front passenger door. Look where the catch for the lock is, you should notice a little round black plastic cap with a grove cut into it (it may have long fallen off). If you pop it off, you can insert you key into the hole and turn. This will disengage the anti hijack lock, so you dont have to press the keyfob multiple times to open the front passenger door. This is the case with the cabriolet!

Result! My first experiment with VCDS - removed selective/safe locking by subtracting 00004 from the soft code per the VCDS prompt. One click does it all now; hurrah!!

Open your front passenger door. Look where the catch for the lock is, you should notice a little round black plastic cap with a grove cut into it (it may have long fallen off). If you pop it off, you can insert you key into the hole and turn. This will disengage the anti hijack lock, so you dont have to press the keyfob multiple times to open the front passenger door. This is the case with the cabriolet!

Thanks for this- will check this out myself tomorrow!

I do have the little round caps but taking them off and turning the switch didn't make a difference.

I do have the little round caps but taking them off and turning the switch didn't make a difference.

Interesting I have a left hand drive, and on my passengers side I have that cap but it's bunged up with some sort of hard wax and I don't want to start scraping at it....it doesn't look as if it should be touched!

Cheers
A