1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

universal intercoolers

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by s3clarke, Jul 2, 2012.

1. s3clarke

s3clarke Money grabbing s3!

anybody used 'universal intercoolers' (found on ebay) for a FMIC on the s3's? I have a bam coded engine, and my planned mods are only minimal, ( b5 tip, forge dv, stage 1 remap, decat etc) are they any good?

Thanks.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Customboy

Customboy Member

The toyosport ones are good I'm running a forge one now but have bought the toyosport one on eBay for only £87 for my ko4 conversion, and will get my own pipework made up, if u search for wellycooler on here it will help u greatly mate

4. Customboy

Customboy Member

5. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

Most of us on here now use the Toyosports Type B intercooler core with custom made pipe runs. the core we use is 600x300x76 with 76mm end connections.

Pipes are usually bought from Mr. Silicone on ebay (ash performance) and cost around £100 for all the pipes needed.

the whole lot for an S3 should come in under £200

6. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Stickies! (ffs! ;P)

<tuffty/>

7. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator
    Regional Rep

LOLYou took your time ;) Spent a good hour or 2 reading all the FMIC stickies lastnight and AH FAB V2 is so the way forward as it requires the least amount of work IIRC

8. Jpd89

Jpd89 Member

So is the toyosport type B intercooler much better than the standard s3 set up? Looking at getting a fmic sorted soon and stumbled across this thread!

9. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Std S3 setup isn't much cop for anything above std... stage 1 level of tune sends IATs rocketing towards 70degs with little chance of recovery in between... see the thread in the stickies (yes, I keep saying it as the info is there...) as there are pros and cons fitment wise on universal coolers..

<tuffty/>

10. Jpd89

Jpd89 Member

Cheers Tuffty, will head over there now!

11. s3clarke

3" UNIVERSAL INTERCOOLER TYPE B 600x300x76MM PIPING KIT | eBay

i found this, which is the talked about intercooler, can somebody drop the link in here for the ash performance/ mr silcone hoses that are needed?

thanks, i have had a look in the stickies before i dropped this in, i was just seeing what they was like. i will go for the toyosports version though now. cheers boys

12. s3clarke

dont worry i looked further down the stickies and found out which pipes i need, and were to source them etc, my bad :)

13. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

read the FMIC sticky thread dude, there are several options on pipework, all with pics posted of how they fit / look.

Read the thread, and make up your mind how you want to do it, then buy those bits