1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unidentified warning light on dash

sparkyork Jun 15, 2013

1. sparkyork

sparkyork Member

hi all

ive got a 8l 1.8t and going from the centre of the speedo outwards towards 40mph marker theres a red outline of what looks like a warning light but dont have a book so dont know what it is?
    any ideas?

cheers

2. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Can you take a pic for us and post it up, and we will help you identify the symbol. :) x

3. sparkyork

sparkyork Member

yes ill get a picture up asap

4. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

5. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Or check against this:

[​IMG]

Sandra likes this.
  6. anderswhk

anderswhk Member

I thought number 10 was engine issues of some kind. The manual tells you to stop the car immediately and not continue driving.

7. sparkyork

sparkyork Member

8. Gops

Gops Badger 5 Edition VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Audi S3

Airbag light

9. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

That looks like the handbrake light plus another light to the left of it covered with a piece of tape!

10. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Sorry to the OP, but it looks like the classic 'obscure a warning light to get it through the mot or sell the car'

11. Munch

Munch Member

agreed with above, looks like an airbag fault that someone's tried to hide. Seen and done it a few times when I've removed steering wheels with airbags before. I'd always remove it before I sold it so it would be down to new owner to sort

12. anderswhk

anderswhk Member

Tape under there? Seems very sketchy.