"undocumented code"

fod

Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
aYou need to bear in mind that the Green Lobby plays a big part in german politics and BMW as a manufacturer producing plenty of waste products and using scarce resources needs to comply with certain environmental conditions to avoid paying much harsher taxes. So it's accounting driven, if you like, rather than marketing. Although it seems to be catching the headlines so the marketing guys must be pretty chuffed too .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
IIRC, it was also to do with keeping unlimited autobahns - the Greens wanted to introduce a limit, so the manufacturers agreed to limit their cars' top speeds instead. Though VAG in particular seem to be "flexible" about it on their higher performance cars.

1996 A6 Avant Q

My engine light is on. Constantly. I keep going to the mechanic to have him fix what's broken and get that blasted light to turn off, but the only code he can get is "undocumented code". At first I thought he was just kidding, but I went to the machine and it really said that. So, I keep having him turn off the stupid light, and within a couple of hours, it's back on again. Car runs fine -- just lies all the time. : ) Anyone seen this in their car? Any idea what's going on with this girl? I know that 8 years of age is getting up there for a car, but these girls are supposed to be bulletproof, right?!?!

I'm also having some gauge issues -- both oil and water temp gauges work only intermittently. So far the fuel gauge still functions fine. Hubby's doesn't. He runs out of gas fairly often because of it. : )