Does the new S4 B9 suffer from understeer?

• Total voters
Looks like your Liberty took a bit of a beating! Hope everyone was alright afterwards but at least the passenger section looks in one piece.

Its amazing what an out of control 8 ton pantec can do on a downhill wet road can do. Unfortunately the upgraded OEM Brembos did their job well, but still didn't help. Only me (no problem - thank you) & those people in Japan did their job when it was built.
Full marks to the Subie sunroof, but that is another thread (someone is getting grumpy already). That was going to be the trade-in on the S4.
212 @tw with minor chassis mods, it went & handled. Surprised how well after some time in the S4.

For that special someone, was surprised myself on a twisty undulating section, negotiating a tighter than I thought on entry right hander, doing 55mph, the S4 would not turn in as an awd should. Then on exit I felt it do a 'skip' in the rear-end and it finished negotiating the corner as it should have done in the first place. Not sure if it was the quattro/sports diff doing a reset or not, but the ticker did a skip as well.

Reactions: Daggerit
But not a thread dedicated to solely one topic only in a stickie, so I think there is leeway...

I personally couldn't care less, threads within forums evolve and people go off on tangents, it's how forums work, it keeps threads alive and keeps them interesting.

What I'm not a huge fan of is hypocrisy. You can't point something out and then do exactly the same thing yourself (regardless of if it's a stickie or not).

Then we beg to differ, which is also how forums work. It could be expected in the more general section but with the pictures stickie then no-one should really have to go through other topics that already have been covered in the general section just to get to a picture of a car. I also wasn't the only one who posted about the pictures thread going off piste, however you appear to be only targetting me. Perhaps I should be flattered ;-)

Last edited:
I also wasn't the only one who posted about the pictures thread going off piste, however you appear to be only targetting me.

In fairness I only light heartedly did it including posting a wink (I can be a winker too) as it wasn't a big deal, I quite like digressions, it was just that there had not been pictures posted for several pages.

Reactions: Happy Grumpz
I may be wrong, but if the vehicle has understeer, and one tightens up the rear, that should reduce the understeer. Because if the vehicle was OEM neutral, that tightening up the rear should, in fact, induce oversteer.
On that basis, these should help:

https://store.034motorsport.com/billet-aluminum-rear-subframe-mount-insert-kit-b9-audi-a4.html

Yeah, definitely agree. Added a stiffer rear anti roll bar to a previous car and it made an instant difference to the understeer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk