1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underfloor aluminium panel - what is it ???

Ingolstadt Jul 7, 2010

  1. Ingolstadt

    Ingolstadt New Member

    Hi guys,
    got an A3 2005 2.0 TDI Sport and have noticed that there is a small aluminium grill on the underside of the car on the drivers side (practically under the drivers seat) that has dropped down on one side.

    Firstly - what is it, and
    Secondly - how can I hold it in place (looks like the previous bold has sheered off)

    Cheers guys

  2. Boydie

    Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

    Common fault - it is the deisel cooler - directly under the drivers seat on the underside of the car?

    Mine came loose - to repair it properly, you have to take the seat out, lift the carpet and put in a new nut and bolt.

    The cheap, easy way is to get two cable ties, make a loop, drill a hole either side of the cooler into the plastic under trim and feed the cable tie through and tighten in place.

    Mine is still rock solid after 2 years!
  3. Ingolstadt

    Ingolstadt New Member

    Aha!!! Simple and effective, just like me !!
    Thanks for the advice. Will go and sort it before my midweek Essex blast.

Share This Page