1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under bonnet REVAMP

dpbayly Feb 23, 2013

1. dpbayly

dpbayly Member

Today I carried out some necessary maintenance, Changed the timing belt kit plus water pump on the old V6 done a few of these now (with mine around 10) fairly straight forward to do to be honest I don't know why people kick up such a fuss about them book gives them 4.5hrs to do I did mine in 2.75hrs with a waterpump change.....anyway when i got it all back together I stood back and thought what a nasty looking engine bay so when I got home I decided to tidy it up and the end result looks quite good (IMO)

How it looked:

[​IMG]

All spruced up and looking pretty:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattyb6

mattyb6 Active Member

Very nice, total transformation.

you mind telling me what process and products you used?

wouldnt mind doing this to my engine bay

3. southylad

southylad Active Member

Nice one mate looks great

4. dpbayly

dpbayly Member

Thanks guys

Its simple I used red engine enamel from Halfrauds picked the stuff up years back for a previous engine bay tart up but im sure they still sell the stuff and the black and everything else in and around the engine bay was simply cleaned with a silicon spray grease great stuff for cleaning plastics and they stay clean and shiny for aaaggggeeeessss months i did this to my TT engine bay plastics and it still looked this good months later when I sold up BUT if your about to have any spray work done dont use this stuff as its a sprayers worst enemy.

some more pics from this morning in daylight:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

Looks like an RS4 engine bay now I like it, plastics look good silicone spray is on my shopping list now cheers

6. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

Looks great that! That water bottle needs something now. Sticks out like a sore thumb

7. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

what was the name of the spray? I have previuolsy used Aerospace 303 which lasted pretty well in the engine bay but is not very durable on grille mesh etc

8. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

A nice touch to finish your engine bay would be the Porsche oil cap and coolant cap like these on mine

[​IMG]

9. dpbayly

dpbayly Member

This is the stuff I used, dead cheap but works really well:

Halfords | Halfords Silicone Lubricant 400ml