Under bonnet protection spray

spartan rules

1st time owner of Audi S3 :)
Reaction score
Hi Guys.

Im looking for a Under Bonnet Protection Spray that i can just literally just spray around my engine compartment of my Audi S3.

Ive been using WD40 at the moment, but i know this stuff soon evaporates quickly. Does anyone have any ideas on whats good to use as a quick protector.

Personally i just like to spray something all over the engine bay and components after cleaning the outside of my car as i feel like im doing something good to it. :) whether i am or not is another thing.

Would really appreicate anyones thoughts on this on whats good to use etc.

Thanks.

Hi Mate, if you ask the question or have a browse in the cleaning/detailing section you should be able to get the answer you are after :)

im sure theres something perishable in WD40 that fooks you rubbers up. plus wd40 makes the engine bay looks shiny and new. It doesn't last and the oily coating will attract dirt and dust to stick to it. silicone spray will be alot safer on your rubber hoses etc oh yeh.. and ts not highly flamable!! lol

Hi Guys.

Im looking for a Under Bonnet Protection Spray that i can just literally just spray around my engine compartment of my Audi S3.

Ive been using WD40 at the moment, but i know this stuff soon evaporates quickly. Does anyone have any ideas on whats good to use as a quick protector.

Personally i just like to spray something all over the engine bay and components after cleaning the outside of my car as i feel like im doing something good to it. :) whether i am or not is another thing.

Would really appreicate anyones thoughts on this on whats good to use etc.

Thanks.

Ok, this isn't quite possible . . .

What are you trying to achieve? A clean engine bay? Plastic/metal/paintwork protection?

What you need is 303 aerospace protectant. Polished Bliss sell it. It is EXCELLENT. Taylor made for that application......

Ok, this isn't quite possible . . .

What are you trying to achieve? A clean engine bay? Plastic/metal/paintwork protection?

Hi Mate. Well basically im trying to get a spray that acts as a protector other than a spray that just makes the engine/bay etc look good. Something that will protect, lubricate and basically keep everything in decent order.

Thanks

Right mate, use 303 on all the plastic and rubber parts then use collinite on the metal bits that don't get too hot(I use it on the metalwork of the surrounds in my 2.8 engine bay)............

Have you heard of gtechniq? If so c4 all the plastic covers in you bay and forget about them this stuff will last over a year easy. hoses i use 303 also.

Cleaning your engine bay regular is the key. once you get it good its so easy.

Echo the last comment. Well most of the post actually.

As Phoenix has said, getting a decent wax on the paint work will benefit you greatly as well. Do be aware that engines get hot (obviously) so a heat resistant wax is ideal.

I have actually used Poorboys Wheel Sealent in the past and that worked just fine.