1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undelivered Car Fault

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by sixfoottwo, Mar 3, 2010.

1. sixfoottwo

sixfoottwo New Member

I have been informed that my new Audi has been kept in port for a windscreen replacement. How can I be sure that there has been no other significant damage that might have caused the problem? Can I refuse delivery if I suspect there have been other repairs.
  2. Keeno

Keeno Spooly Spooly Boosty Boosty!

I'd have said you could refuse delivery if it's not in mint condition. You've paid for a brand new car not one that's been repaired here and there.

You wouldn't accept a new sofa from DFS if they'd just patched up a small tear in the back, you'd demand a new one that was flawless.
  3. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Ask them to build you a new one because one fault is always followed by another... And for it to happen at the factory? If i was you i'd be really picky and ask them to build you a new one :D
  4. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving

Wouldn't accept it if it had been mended! I'm bloody picky about things, but this would be the same for most new car buyers I would have thought.
  5. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

Demand to know why it needed a new one first!!

Then if you are not happy for the reason request a brand new one or you'll take your business elsewhere!