1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UltraSport aluminum trim

czm Mar 4, 2013

1. czm

czm Member

Anybody know where I can find a full set of UltraSport aluminum trim for my A4 avant B6?

Searched the bay but nothing on there???

2. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

Have you considered vinyl wrapping to match?

3. czm

czm Member

4. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

5. czm

czm Member

Thanks m8
    How is it to work with? I assume you use a heatgun to get round the curves ect? I

I am a bit worried about it peeling off, what are the chances of that happening?
    I seem to have horrible memories of trying something similar on my old VW beetle I had about 20 years ago...I am sure things have improved since those days of bubbles, creasing and peeling but I can remember how crud it looked back then :)

6. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

I Have done the 4D carbon stuff also and there is a pic somewhere that I uploaded.

It is good stuff and wont peel off for sure as long as the surface it is going on is grease free.

Found a pic:
    [​IMG]

7. czm

czm Member

Cool. Thanks for the info

Is it scratch resistant? Are you able to clean/polish it ok without it marking/swirling and looking like ****?

8. RobMorris

RobMorris Member

Nice pic mjmallia - I guess you used black 4D?
    Will be interesting to see the difference on the same colour interior but I used dark grey..

czm - here is how i done it..

9. L7AUDI

L7AUDI Member

I have a full set of ally "fish scale" but it is worn on the rear ashtray and has a few scratches here and there. :shrug: