Ultimate VAG trackday - Brands Hatch August bank holiday Saturday 25th

Prawn

My other car is a MINI!!!!
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Righty then folks, another awesome summer event for us all to attend, at the fabulous Brands Hatch Circuit!

I started this off in the 8L section, to see what kind of response we got, and so far there has been LOADS of interest. After meeting a few 8P lads at the COV meet last weekend, I thought we should post this up in here too, to try and get a massive ASN turn out!

This has been organised and planned by Aaron, and the boys at Comrades of Vag, and if all goes to plan, it should be a massive event!

35d3cb3a.jpg

The idea: a massive VAG only trackday, members from various groups covering the whole VAG range of vehicles, Audi-sport.net, Secret Seat Society, Comrades of Vag, amongst others on the invite list.

Rather than your average trackday where you'll find yourself up against caterfield type things pretending it's a test day, nutters in massive turbo barges, and crazy kids in french hot hatches, this day is all about all things VAG, from your Leon Cupra R's to an RS6 to an A4 tdi estate, if it's VAG, it's welcome!

We have room for up to 60 cars, but we need 30 to make this happen, so as a start, we're looking for 10 cars from ASN, 10 cars from COV, and 10 cars from the SSS. I reckon we can do that easily, the more the better! If we pass 10 cars then great!

The venue: Brands Hatch - Postcode DA3 8NG

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit is a real favourite amongst trackday drivers. This relatively short circuit is surprisingly difficult to perfect with double apexes at both Druids and Clearways. The swoops and dips add to excitement culminating in Paddock Hill Bend often described as being like dropping off the edge of the world! It should be on the list of must-dos for every trackday driver in the country!

The format:

Open Pitlane - this Represents FAR better value for money than any other format, the format is as follows:

07:30 Signing On 08:30 Briefing 09:00 Track Time Begins 13:00 Lunch 14:00 Track Time Restarts 17:00 Track Time Ends

So that's a massive 7 hours of track time!

The cost:

Numbers depending, the cost SHOULD be £202.50. Standard price for an MSV full day is £225 (pretty reasonable for Brands in mid Summer!), but if we can get 10 ASN members signed on we get a 10% discount.
This discount also applies to any extras you want, like heltmet hire, or driver training.

So, that's 7 hours of driving for £202.50, just £29 per hour! Pretty cheap when you compare it to a session at Castle combe, £45 for 15 minutes (£180 per hour - OUCH!)

So, to book, all you need to do, is phone or email Mark Lawrence at Club MSV.

You can call him on 0843 453 3000
You can e-mail him at mark.lawrence@clubmsv.co.uk

Or you can just head on over to Event Details

The noise limit at the event will be at a reassuringly high 105dBa measured 1m from the exhaust at 4500rpm,
so high enough for even the loudest of cars, and all road cars are eligable to enter, so there really is no excuse!

I'm dead excited about this already, I booked on Tuesday, and Mark was very helpful. I've not driven Brands before, but it looks amazing.

For now, MSV don't need to take any money from anyone, you just need to ring up Mark and register your interest, then, once we have the required 10 cars per club, discounts will be applied and Mark will contact you to sort out payment. It couldn't be more simple!

The more people we can get on board for this the better, lets make it an awesome day with a massive ASN turn out to show up the rest of the VAG scene!

EDIT: Because I'm not a tart, I forgot all about this bit:

For all those who don't want to go on track, but still fancy a great day out at an awesome venue, there will also be a show n shine contest held in the paddock during the day, as well as respresentatives on site from R-tech Power and LVS Racing to discuss all your tuning needs :) So even if you're not interested in the track action, come along for a great day out anyway!

The main thread I started is over in the 8L section here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-hatch-august-bank-holiday-saturday-25th.html

Feel free to either add your name to the list in here and I'll edit it as we go, or to the main list in the 8L section. Either is cool.

Please only add your name to the list if you have called Mark and registered your place, this is not just a list for those interested.

Thanks guys :)

ASN ATTENDEES LIST

1. Prawn + Bigal - A3 track car
2. Frenchman - A3 turbo
3. Paradox - Golf GTi
4. jcs356 (Jason) - Cordoba SX 16v track car
5. Piester - S3 hybrid
6. Aaron TDIQ - A3 TDI

Somebody with an 8P must fancy taking it around Brands Hatch with a bunch of friendly VAG people to share the atmosphere with!

I'd be well up for it Prawn , but my car won't be here til september :(

Aaaaaaaaaahhh rubbish!

If any of you guys do want to join us it's going to be an amazing day for sure, be good to see a few of the 8P's out to show the older brother how times have moved on!

I'm not sure trackdaying my car is a good idea a week before I trade it!? Can't believe noone else has taken you up on this yet mate..