1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK warranty cover Ireland?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by imported_larry1, Dec 1, 2005.

1. imported_larry1

imported_larry1 Guest

[Dec 1, 2005]
    Hi ,

bought a 2003 A4 Avant TDI SE in March this year and imported it back to Dublin. Have been experiencing probs with the multitronic gearbox ( difficult to select reverse). Does the original Audi warranty cover the car in the Republic of Ireland? 23K miles on the car. One of the booklet says 2 years and another says 3?? I have it booked in with an Audi in Dealer for next week and really would like to know where I stand

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. sinbadfury

sinbadfury Member

[Dec 2, 2005]
    I am not sure if it does. I have recently bought a tdi 130 sport from UK and had worries over possible steering column warranty issues. I got in contact with dealer here and they essentially said they dont do warranty work for non irish-originating cars?

Not sure if that is correct or not.

I too have mine booked into the dealers next week to check it over as I am not 100% confident in the abilites of the independant that I bought it from....we'll see if it was a good move or not I suppose
  4. imported_Macduff

imported_Macduff Guest

[Dec 2, 2005]
    I thought that the warranty was pan-European and the dealer must honour it regardless of country of origin. I'm not near the car at the moment so can't check.
  5. gizze

gizze Member

[Dec 2, 2005]
    If it is in the first 24 months then any dealer has to do warranty work anywhere in Europe, the third year is supplied by Audi UK.

However I am not sure what happens with the third year if you break down in Ireland as you have 3 yrs worth of European Audi Assit with a new UK car.
  6. howatsi

howatsi Member

[Dec 3, 2005]
    My understanding is that the UK Audi Assistance only covers you for the UK, you need to take out extra cover for driving outside the UK including the ROI. There is a phone number in the handbook and it gives a discount code for having an Audi.