Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

For those who was going SB with Blades, here's how it will look.

I guess it's going to cop some flak with some of the owners here..

It will just take some getting used to.
Am so used to seeing the usual wheels on a sportback.

Sport pack is available to be selected had my order amended today

Reactions: Alex L
I think the blades with any car look great - I am very reluctant however to specify the change from standard to the coloured backing style. I love the look but the extra price plus the wider wheels and extra tax puts me off.

The dealer Configurator does indeed now show the Audi sport pack.

Looking at some of the pics of standard blade wheels, they look a bit cheap to me. Disappointed with the standard blades, compared to the standard S3 wheels it's a downgrade. Examples below.

media

media

Reactions: AudiNutta
I'm not fond of either, the V spoke which the RS3 Saloon prototype had on looked nice. You can get those on the TTS, in 20" too.

Reactions: FBF01
I'm not fond of either, the V spoke which the RS3 Saloon prototype had on looked nice. You can get those on the TTS, in 20" too.

From following your posts over the last few years over on VWROC with your R and laterly the GTI, you tend to have a habit of chabging shoes quite a bit ha ;) Looking forward to see what you’ll do with the RS

Reactions: neg
I think the blades with any car look great - I am very reluctant however to specify the change from standard to the coloured backing style. I love the look but the extra price plus the wider wheels and extra tax puts me off.

The dealer Configurator does indeed now show the Audi sport pack.
I, like many others, didn't get hit for any extra tax on the wheels. From memory, when buying the last BM, the tax applies to the standard car rating rather than the options so maybe that is the reason.

Ours went into the higher tax bracket by ticking certain options, if I recall it increased from 188g to 192g increasing from £800 to £1,200

Reactions: neg
Surprised they didnt get it as when you buy the car you have to sign the first registration paperwork and this states the cost - unless its also wrong on this. If you get away with it great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Diesel
Surprised they didnt get it as when you buy the car you have to sign the first registration paperwork and this states the cost - unless its also wrong on this. If you get away with it great.
Just checked my original order with pricing and the Titanium wheels (excl VAT) were £579 which means they didn't charge me the extra 400 either.

Although not on the main configurator, the "Audi Sport Pack" is now showing on this one:
http://dcc-1.audi.de/controller;jse...tomcat01?event-new-conf=1&mandant=dcc-uk-audi might be handy for people looking to amend orders.

If you generate an "Audi Code" from the above website after you've configured your car it won't work on the audi website currently.
Just sent a screen shot of the dealer configurator and the dealer confirmed the amendment with the £300 saving. Nice spot.

It shows as dynamic pack on “your Audi” I’ve already got the dealer to amend it yesterday

Anyone heard of this infamous rattle upon start up in comfort mode? Video courtesy of a fellow RS3 owner..

Cold start and the exhaust rattles quite a bit on mine, stops after 20seconds or so once the engine revs reduce.

Anyone else getting this?

Picked the car up this morning, awesome piece of kit.

To answer a couple of queries.
They taxed the car today and had to redo my invoice because they've been quoting tax as £800 for months and obviously it's £1200. They paid the extra £400 because we'd already shook on the deal so stand by your guns on that.

Mine does have the cold start exhaust rattle for 20 seconds, will have a look under the car and see if I can see anything rattling.

Looked like they'd used a sweeping brush to clean it.
Always planned on ceramic coating it myself just annoyed I didn't tell them not to prep it then it would have saved me an afternoon of machine polish/correction.
When it's done I'll post better pics, hopefully tomorrow.

Attachments

• newcar.jpg
    newcar.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: RS-jay, Terminator x and Tristan2
Cold start and the exhaust rattles quite a bit on mine, stops after 20seconds or so once the engine revs reduce.

Yeah that's normal.

Picked the car up this morning, awesome piece of kit.

To answer a couple of queries.
They taxed the car today and had to redo my invoice because they've been quoting tax as £800 for months and obviously it's £1200. They paid the extra £400 because we'd already shook on the deal so stand by your guns on that.

Mine does have the cold start exhaust rattle for 20 seconds, will have a look under the car and see if I can see anything rattling.

Looked like they'd used a sweeping brush to clean it.
Always planned on ceramic coating it myself just annoyed I didn't tell them not to prep it then it would have saved me an afternoon of machine polish/correction.
When it's done I'll post better pics, hopefully tomorrow.
Looks awesome! You really don't plan on having to take a layer off the clearcoat just to correct the dealer's f*ckups. I would be steaming!

Seems like everyone has the cold start rattle - not bothering me give the cost of the car I would expect it to get sorted, even if just another clip to hold the heat shield (if it is that). You know it will be one of those things which costs a few quid to sort!

It’s not a rattle, you can almost hear the cylinders firing... it’s the engine I’m pretty sure and sounds good IMO. It’s a FL characteristic.

Does sound like its coming just from the rear, then stops as soon as the engine quietens down.

Does sound like its coming just from the rear, then stops as soon as the engine quietens down.

Yes, I noticed it on all of the TTRS cold start videos at first. It’s a Mechanical ‘tappety’ noise, sounds like the bowels of the engine to me and I like it.

So those guys with your RS3, did you all get the same annoying rattling sound during cold start as shown in the video earlier?

Seems like most of the aussie cars here reported that noise..

So those guys with your RS3, did you all get the same annoying rattling sound during cold start as shown in the video earlier?

Seems like most of the aussie cars here reported that noise..

The sound in the video above isn't normal but listen to any sports exhaust cold start on you tube, they all have a tapping sound and it's the engine sound being transferred through the exhaust.

Is this site available for the spanish market?
No idea, but having checked audi.co.uk this morning, the sport pack is now on the configurator, i've also noticed the dealer configurator isn't adding the additional £400 if you spec the non-standard wheels, where the public facing one is.

Last edited:
Seems like everyone has the cold start rattle - not bothering me give the cost of the car I would expect it to get sorted, even if just another clip to hold the heat shield (if it is that). You know it will be one of those things which costs a few quid to sort!
Mine doesn't rattle but perhaps you mean all FLs.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Just checked the configurator and is showing all options on the Configurator App on IPhone now including sport pack, rearside airbags etc that wasn’t showing before.

Hi guys
Please can you help finalise my spec.
uk.audi.com/AG1N0SBQ
The car will be my daily with just myself 90% of the time.
Are the optional black alloys a must?

And how many of you with young ones are ordering the rear side airbags?

Cheers

Hi guys
Please can you help finalise my spec.
uk.audi.com/AG1N0SBQ
The car will be my daily with just myself 90% of the time.
Are the optional black alloys a must?

And how many of you with young ones are ordering the rear side airbags?

Cheers

The black alloys aren’t a must, but they will add a lot to the car.. it’s totally up to you.

I’ve always wondered what extra protection they give? I very rarely transport passengers especially in the back, but with little ones it’s a no brainer for a few hundred!

Reactions: Colin A
Can’t wait to see yours :D In transit now isn’t it?

Its arrived at the port in the UK but I have been told by my dealer it might be the end of month before its ready. There will be photos once I get it. It seems to have taken forever this time. Still the wait will be worth it. Bet you cant wait for yours especially as your S3 has gone.

Its arrived at the port in the UK but I have been told by my dealer it might be the end of month before its ready. There will be photos once I get it. It seems to have taken forever this time. Still the wait will be worth it. Bet you cant wait for yours especially as your S3 has gone.

That’s great news! Why would it be the end of the month? That’s a long time away!

Yes I need to see the new car now, heartbroken haha.

Reactions: Colin A