Facelift UK RS3 Saloon/SB (400ps) Order Thread...

Boom.. looks mint !
Went to dealer to have sneak preview of my car. Anyone that has ordered nardo grey and black pack - what can say stunning! You will love it! Photos does not do it justice!

Went to dealer to have sneak preview of my car. Anyone that has ordered nardo grey and black pack - what can say stunning! You will love it! Photos does not do it justice!

Excellent... Tuesday morning can't come fast enough. When will your wheels be done and car ready Zeppy ?

Don't be surprised if it comes forward mate :) Mine was due to start build on 4th September, she is now on a boat on en route to UK :)

Mine has just come forwards 4 weeks to 16th October, OMFG!

That's 4 weeks away :yahoo:

Reactions: RS-jay, Evotion, hood and 1 other person
I had a B5 S4 saloon in that colour scheme inside and out. The interior was lovely, although obviously technologically dated nowadays. Lovely to see it again though. I suppose it would have been a bit crude to have properly raced the two...

Mine has just come forwards 4 weeks to 16th October, OMFG!

That's 4 weeks away :yahoo:

Good news. Mine went into production on the 17th August and arrived at the dealers on the 7th September, thats 3 weeks to the day

Good news. Mine went into production on the 17th August and arrived at the dealers on the 7th September, thats 3 weeks to the day

It's fair to say I was very happy this morning!

How long before build did yours go into "Preparation"?

It's fair to say I was very happy this morning!

How long before build did yours go into "Preparation"?

It was (code 20) on 18th July.. heres the code....

{"responseInfo":{"code":0,"desc":"Success"},"data":{"orderNumber":,"orderStatus":"70","deliveryDealerCode":"orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2017-09-07T01:05:48+0100"},{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2017-09-01T01:06:14+0100"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2017-08-31T01:06:11+0100"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2017-08-24T01:06:36+0100"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2017-08-21T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2017-08-19T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2017-08-18T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2017-08-17T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-07-18T01:06:10+0100"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-06-29T01:04:48+0100"}

Last edited:
Order Status 00 - Welcome
Order Status 10 - Order Received
Order Status 20 - Preparation
Order Status 21 - Panel Shop
Order Status 22 - Paint Shop
Order Status 23 - Assembly
Order Status 24 - Quality Control
Order Status 30 - 'Your Audi has left Ingolstadt'
Order Status 39 - 'Your Audi is in the UK'
Order Status 40 - Ready for transport to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 60 - Left the UK Port on the way to the dealer (Website displays "Your new Audi is on its way to <DEALER>")
Order Status 70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

It was (code 20) on 18th July.. heres the code....

{"responseInfo":{"code":0,"desc":"Success"},"data":{"orderNumber":"27364800","orderStatus":"70","deliveryDealerCode":"00562","orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"70","statusDate":"2017-09-07T01:05:48+0100"},{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2017-09-01T01:06:14+0100"},{"orderStatus":"39","statusDate":"2017-08-31T01:06:11+0100"},{"orderStatus":"30","statusDate":"2017-08-24T01:06:36+0100"},{"orderStatus":"24","statusDate":"2017-08-21T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"23","statusDate":"2017-08-19T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"22","statusDate":"2017-08-18T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"21","statusDate":"2017-08-17T00:00:00+0100"},{"orderStatus":"20","statusDate":"2017-07-18T01:06:10+0100"},{"orderStatus":"10","statusDate":"2017-06-29T01:04:48+0100"}

Ah so exactly a month before then really? Can't wait for mine to go into prep, so the build is locked. How do you get the status codes?

When you collect can you post plenty of pics please as I've ordered identical spec but with a sunroof

Yeah loads on there,

lol... you will be checking that everyday now !!

I'm on the tracker around 10 times a day :/

I'm not sure when it updates? I had one update just after midnight and then one change between 4am and 6am (was on a night shift), haha.

Got build week43 which is my birthday week :)
Better than the end of Jan timescale I got

Now just need to Ditch my 335d early

Reactions: AudiNutta
Excellent... Tuesday morning can't come fast enough. When will your wheels be done and car ready Zeppy ?
They need 4 axle stands and Audi won't have till Wednesday so wheels getting picked up on Thursday and returned the following Monday so will take delivery of car on Fri 22nd, have for a few hours then drop of for GTechniq detailing over weekend.

I'm on the tracker around 10 times a day :/

I'm not sure when it updates? I had one update just after midnight and then one change between 4am and 6am (was on a night shift), haha.

Im not sure the tracker is 100% accurate time wise. Mine was showing at Emden for a two days after the dealer said it was at Grimsby docks, its there or thereabouts tho.

Mine has been bouncing around various dates in October but back on the same day as yours now. Maybe that is when exclusive colours will be built...?

Mine has been moving around but was sat on 6th November for well over a month. Mine has gone like this....

27th November > 23rd October > 6th November > 16th October.

I hope that with it being 5 weeks away now, that it will go into Prep in a weeks time and be totally locked in!

Yes there has to be a designated day for each Exclusive Colour at least, it wouldn't be feasible otherwise in mass production. What colour have you gone for?

Im not sure the tracker is 100% accurate time wise. Mine was showing at Emden for a two days after the dealer said it was at Grimsby docks, its there or thereabouts tho.

Yes it's 2-4 days behind the realistic status, I've also been told the dealer system is updated quicker than YourAudi.

Anybody considered the miltek secondary decay pipes yet ?

They aren't on the UK car, that was established by a very helpful Audi techie on here!

So first off mine will be having the two bullet silencers taken out and if that fails, will be having a catback.

Fantastic, thank you! Status 10 as expected.

What a busy page of code that is, haha.

I must be doing something wrong as it says: {"responseInfo":{"code":407,"desc":"Order not found"}}

Confirmed build date of 30th October via email from Audi...?

I must be doing something wrong as it says: {"responseInfo":{"code":407,"desc":"Order not found"}}

Double check your order number, have you found it on the proper youraudi tracker yet?

That's the reason then, the system hasn't built your order on there yet.. keep trying for a few days, failing that contact Audi HQ.

Ok cheers! Probably only make the wait even longer once I can monitor it.

I’d strongly advise anyone interested in understanding the tracker system looks on this same thread for the A3/S3.

It is a busier thread if you want to track down time scales. I would suggest you look at my posts too - I just got an S3 in July and I was tracking it all the way.

Essentially the order number you got given probably wont work for at least a week- in some cases two - no idea why. Maybe Audi doesn’t update the system enough. The stages through to Quality control are all automatic - they do not reflect the real progress. You will find the tracker says your car has been built when it hasn’t. Once it gets to QC the automated part stops - as it will have been built at some point within that period from your build week. Then it reflects in real time the progress to the dealer.

Can I just check that you have already opened a new tab on your browser and logged into the "yourAudi" website. If you have done this already then please try opening this link, which should open another tab, to try and obtain more details:

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/

You will have to enter your order number after the last forward slash.

Hope this works for you :)

I'm not sure when it updates? I had one update just after midnight and then one change between 4am and 6am (was on a night shift), haha

I too can confirm this. I have been frantically watching the tracker for almost two weeks and checking it last thing before going to bed. It had not changed after midnight on Friday night or even up to 1 o'clock time, but when I got up on Saturday morning it had updated to showing as being on a ship.

It seems like the system isn’t updated with your order numbers yet. You just have to keep trying.

You can use the chat on Audis site or phone support and ask them the status they can confirm it.

I’d strongly advise anyone interested in understanding the tracker system looks on this same thread for the A3/S3.

It is a busier thread if you want to track down time scales. I would suggest you look at my posts too - I just got an S3 in July and I was tracking it all the way.

Essentially the order number you got given probably wont work for at least a week- in some cases two - no idea why. Maybe Audi doesn’t update the system enough. The stages through to Quality control are all automatic - they do not reflect the real progress. You will find the tracker says your car has been built when it hasn’t. Once it gets to QC the automated part stops - as it will have been built at some point within that period from your build week. Then it reflects in real time the progress to the dealer.

Why is it automated? I don't see how that works? Because we are seeing cars going into build before the build date, so it's not a process triggered by date.

Why is it automated? I don't see how that works? Because we are seeing cars going into build before the build date, so it's not a process triggered by date.

Once the build week is confirmed then the status starts changing the wed/thurs before - it will go body shop, paint shop, assembly and then on the Monday of the build week it magically goes to quality control. If you were to go onto online chat or call Audi they will tell you that the car isn't even built when it says it is being built on the tracker.

The good news is it does seem to be built between Monday and Wed/Thurs and leaves the factory then. Online chat will tell you when it is built - and actually in QC - but it may not match up with the tracker. However once it leaves the factory the tracker is up to date.

Like I said have a look at the A3/S3 tracker pinned thread - have a look at my posts in that thread. I posted 4 times a day (and no one replied most days). I guessed the correct times for each stage based on the averages I read in that thread and my car turned up in a time that is averagely fast.

Here we go to help (from http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/youraudi-track-new-car-order.245697/page-218 )

Collected: 4th July (but potentially could have collected over the weekend if my dealer did weekend pick ups)

At Dealer: Order status 70: 29th June
In the UK: Order status 40: 27th June (but arrived in port on 24th but over the weekend status didn’t update)
On boat: Order status 39: 23rd June
Left factory on way to port: Order status 30: 14th June
QC: Order status 24: 12th June
Build: Order status 23: 10th June
Paint Shop: Order status 22: 9th June
Panel Shop: Order status 21: 8th June
Confirmed Build: Order status 20: 25th May

Ordered on February 17th; original order from November 2016 was amended.

Also be aware that the tracker is one stage ahead of the car up until it leaves the factory.

I never had a stage 60 - and the car was literally picked up and delivered from Sheerness the same day as my dealer in Epsom is one hour from the port.

I would add that when I was waiting for my S3 it felt like an eternity - the actual time it was waiting for a confirmed build date - order submitted 17th Feb and trackable from the week after but wasn't confirmed and set until 25th May! That is over 3 months.

Then it was two weeks from the set date to the actual build week on the 10th June - the build took 4 actual days (remember the tracker was updating from the 8th June but nothing happened before the 10th).

I very quickly got a boat - and other than a few days in port it was then at the dealer as it was only an hour from port.

It is worth noting as you guys are aware that RS3 cars turn up with 40-50 miles on them so they are tested for longer in the factory than the standard models. And shipping depends on how busy the port is and where it is going. Like I said I went into super detail on this! Just read that thread if you doubt it!

So it felt like an eternity but now I have had the car 2 months and it feels like I got it yesterday, anyone who has read my other posts knows my RS3 is expected in March next year. I don't have an order number for the factory yet. It is in a queue. I am far less anxious waiting for this than the S3. It helps I have a lovely S3 already but also March is so far away no point in even thinking about it.

I am surprised we don't have more photos and videos of the RS3 cars that have been received on this forum - they are too busy enjoying them - but there is much more participation in that regard on the A3/S3 thread.

Come on guys - put photos and videos of your RS3's on here!!!!

Last edited:
Once the build week is confirmed then the status starts changing the wed/thurs before - it will go body shop, paint shop, assembly and then on the Monday of the build week it magically goes to quality control. If you were to go onto online chat or call Audi they will tell you that the car isn't even built when it says it is being built on the tracker.

The good news is it does seem to be built between Monday and Wed/Thurs and leaves the factory then. Online chat will tell you when it is built - and actually in QC - but it may not match up with the tracker. However once it leaves the factory the tracker is up to date.

Like I said have a look at the A3/S3 tracker pinned thread - have a look at my posts in that thread. I posted 4 times a day (and no one replied most days). I guessed the correct times for each stage based on the averages I read in that thread and my car turned up in a time that is averagely fast.

Here we go to help (from http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/youraudi-track-new-car-order.245697/page-218 )

Thank you very much for all the detail!

Interesting! By online chat, do you mean Audi UK? I speak to them regularly on Facebook and they are fantastic. At the moment they are trying to find me an RS3 to test drive.

I thought it would go into prep a month before? Damn, that means more opportunity for my build to be set back. If it came forwards another 2 weeks the timing would be flawless, but that won't be the case haha.

Tricky bit now is booking it in for PPF, the car is being transported to my detailer who has his friend travelling 200 miles down to install XPEL. But his friend is booked up months in advance and I have to estimate when the car will arrive and hope its right, or it will be sat in the detailers for weeks... balls :( I was going to wait until it goes into prep when it's 100% confirmed, then book it in 3 weeks after the build date?

Thank you very much for all the detail!

Interesting! By online chat, do you mean Audi UK? I speak to them regularly on Facebook and they are fantastic. At the moment they are trying to find me an RS3 to test drive.

I thought it would go into prep a month before? Damn, that means more opportunity for my build to be set back. If it came forwards another 2 weeks the timing would be flawless, but that won't be the case haha.

Tricky bit now is booking it in for PPF, the car is being transported to my detailer who has his friend travelling 200 miles down to install XPEL. But his friend is booked up months in advance and I have to estimate when the car will arrive and hope its right, or it will be sat in the detailers for weeks... balls :( I was going to wait until it goes into prep when it's 100% confirmed, then book it in 3 weeks after the build date?

I actually meant using the contact us on audi.co.uk you can chat to customer support - it may be the same as facebook - not sure but it is real time chat on the audi site.

My build date jumped around so much - the actual week date it started the build (the 10th June) was a week earlier than my original estimate (when I first logged into my audi the estimated build date was the 17th June). It jumped forwards to the 8th May and back to the 12th July - before settling pretty much where it started. I would expect the same for you, it can move forward - it does happen - but until you get status 20 - its not set in stone.

I am sure you guys are aware if you log into my audi and then put the URL:

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/XXXXXX

(where XXXXX is your order number) then it will show you more detail and exact times of status updates, and your current status. But you MUST log into my audi first or it will not work.

Just ordered an RS3 which is about to go into build I believe (week 37). Was already a spec'd up car but very close to what I was looking for. Options total was £10.5K which was a little more than I wanted but I managed a decent(ish) discount in the end. Coming back to Audi after 5 years with Merc AMGs. Had a 2012 RS3 so looking forward to seeing how much they've moved on since then :D

Reactions: Evotion
So I went out in a FL today. There were no pops and crackles on downshift which is a shame although tbf the car still sounds awesome; the sales chap dropped me off home and you could hear the car for at least half a mile as he drove off!

I'll eat a bit of humble pie as the car does "feel" better then mine eg virtual dash is amazing and the alcantara on the wheel feels good etc.

All in all it is perhaps the PFL turned up to 11 and a really nice place to be sat.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: AudiNutta, dunes7 and JonoNZ
So I went out in a FL today. There were no pops and crackles on downshift which is a shame although tbf the car still sounds awesome; the sales chap dropped me off home and you could hear the car for at least half a mile as he drove off!

I'll eat a bit of humble pie as the car does "feel" better then mine eg virtual dash is amazing and the alcantara on the wheel feels good etc.

All in all it is perhaps the PFL turned up to 11 and a really nice place to be sat.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a good honest review from a PFL owner. Nice.
TBH though you would expect it to be an improvement on the PFL otherwise what's the point of a facelift....

Reactions: dunes7