UK New Tax Laws

W

Wifeb4Life

What's everyones oppinion on the new Tax laws on new cars in in April?
Greed? Necessary? Better? Will it provide any help for the second hand car market for existing cars and will it put you off buying a new car?

105629-a3deefc07a4db7e9826995b4278b67bd.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 13.56.27.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 13.56.27.png
    26.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
It may boost the sale of dealer pre-registered stock since the new rules are only applicable to cars registered on or after 1st April. So there is zero impact really on the used car market.

I think if I was buying new, Id be buying this month, or buying a car from dealer stock. But it is what it is, and will impact all of use when we change over our cars for a new one (or used, registered after the 31st Mark 2017) in a few years time.

As far as Im concerned its just another way of screwing the motorist.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
You can be assured that the £40k start point for higher tax will never change so will drag in "cheaper" cars over time. A ruse often used by G Brown.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

You can be assured that the £40k start point for higher tax will never change so will drag in "cheaper" cars over time. A ruse often used by G Brown.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit like the Stamp Duty threshold...

Generally for people buying cars of £40k and over, it won't make that much difference in terms of putting them off buying the car as it's not a huge sum of money in the overall scheme of things.
When I got my S5 3 years ago the first year was £480 from memory. Made very little difference.
I don't mean to sound blasé about cash because I'm not.
Main difference is the government is shafting us for more cash really.