UK Diesle - Government killing it?

EVs no emissions - apart from the CO2 emissions from where ever the electricity is being generated. I do volunteer work for a conservation charity which displays 'zero emissions' on it's electric vans and other vehicles. The only problem is that these vehicles are re-charged from the national grid and that produces a lot of CO2 from it's power stations. If the numbers of EV's increase will we need more power stations to meet the demand.

EVs may well be suitable for local journeys but I have just been on holiday to Germany. A total of 460 miles each way and without the need to fill up in either direction. When I did fill up in Germany using diesel costing 23p per litre less than un-leaded petrol and it took around 5 minutes. When EVs can match that then I may well consider one but I don't thing it will happen in my lifetime. With all the concentration in the UK in particular on NOX emissions we no longer seem to be considering the CO2 emissions. Perhaps one day we will have healthier people but with not planet for them to live on!

Sorry buddy, I've been drawn into this debate on here too many times that I've run out of energy (pardon the pun :p).

I agree with most of your points though. I still think they are the future of motoring and a better alternative. I suspect it is in my lifetime, but I wouldn't be so rude to make any assumptions about your lifelines...!

Sorry buddy, I've been drawn into this debate on here too many times that I've run out of energy (pardon the pun :p).

I agree with most of your points though. I still think they are the future of motoring and a better alternative. I suspect it is in my lifetime, but I wouldn't be so rude to make any assumptions about your lifelines...!

I agree with you. We debated this topic many times on the forum but we as individuals have little or no control over what the government decide to do. It all depends on what the politicians and car manufacturers decide and the case of Audi/VW it will be more down to decisions made in other countries than at home. As far as my life is concerned I will be 70 in December so how much time I have left I have no idea. Mind you my mother is still around and she will be 99 in October.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Well, i bought this car with the intention of running her for as long as possible, I like project cars, I can use this one for work and free time, I love retrofitting things too.

This A5 3.0 TDI, has all the things I need, I can see myself running her for another 2-3 years, got a few trips around Europe planned.

I paid 7k for her at 80k miles, CAT D. but it runs sweet as, was a bumper and a wing I replaced, I facelifted it too, I'm going to get around to uploading some stuff soon, but she still needs work and I don't like to reveal unfinished projects.
But anyway the main point of my rambling is I ******* love this car. if I get 3 years out of it before they ban details if they do I can see it as only 2.300 a year it would pay for itself in smiles per gallon

Reactions: Andyb5tdi