Uh-Oh...it won't start....

Manics

Reaction score
OK after a good run, if I kill the engine (for example pulling up at a petrol pump)then soon after start the engine again....it take's about 5 second's of starter-motor effort to get the thing going.
Then...a stench of petrol AND (I might be imagining it) a stench of egg.
I'm thinking the cat?????
I'm not sure about the EGG though.
When it does get going it's over revving in iddle at about 1.5k rev's (even though the engine's warm), or it's looking like it might die (about .5k rev's, (although it's never died. When the rev's are low it's like I've put a STUPID exhaust on and it's gurggling. Sound's MEAN!
This only last's a few second's (over rev or under)
It does this no matter how much you do or don't press on the "gass" peddle AND, it doesn't do it every time, in fact only three time's so far!

Please hekp I'm embarassed pulling away from the pump!

Any idea's????????

£12 each I've read on here I think?
Car's over three year's so I guess I'll be shelling out?
Why is the S3 so bad for these coil packs????

All 1.8T based vehicles suffer with this. God knows what was wrong with a distributor and HT leads.
You only need one, but you should replace all of them with the latest revision (someone on here should know what that is).
I only replaced one on my wifes 1.8T and it has been fine for the last 2 years.

Basically, it sounds like its doing exactly what mine did the other day. My battery went completely tits up and had a new one fitted, then it did that exact same thing, basically like it was resetting itself, going from 500rpm to 1500 rpm constantly, then back to 500rpm. It would also just sit at 500rpm on idle. Check all battery connections mate, and get the battery tested as this was the fault on mine.

Yeah Reading Audi.
They said the service would be £420, plus i had the problem above to look at PLUS I had some display problem on the DIS which they sorted.
When it came to paying the bill it was £463, they said the service turned out to be less than they expected.
Changed the clutch fluid too.