tyres ...

SteveTDCi

Reaction score
I need some tyres since I have a puncture and rather than replace 1 pirelli i'm going to change both, choices are Goodyear F1 GSD or the Assymetrical version or the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and they need to be 18's ( what size are they ? ) I have F1 GSD on the front at the moment.

never got around to it, if I keep it long enough i'll whack a milltek on it along with some Koni FSD's

Milltek is very very pricey. I went for this option instead:

DSC03342.jpg

2 x Wolfrace Pipes, stainless steel, £100 fitted. Do the job imo.

Why not just stick with the Goodyears? They're unbeatable in the wet and are very hard wearing in my view - our Sportback has them on the fronts too.

part of me thinks I should stay with the GSD3 so I get a matching set and it looks so much better, however the Vredsteins look sooooooooo good with the tread pattern. With the tips, part of me wants to go for the cheaper option but part of me wants a bit more noise a few more horses and a massive back box to polish up ! its £380 fitted at jabba.

I've got Conti Sport Contact 3s on the front on mine had them changed at the last service at 19k. As they were more expensive than the service itself I'll be looking for something cheaper next time!

The Goodyear F1 Assymetricals seem very reasonable - about £50 cheaper a corner than the Contis, and they've had good reviews so I expect I'll go with them.

I also need to do something with my exhaust tips - I was considering doing something like you Steve with the Milltek - that price Jabba quoted seems pretty decent to me. Might consider it in a year or 2 - not sure if I'm keeping the car beyond that yet.

Which reminds me - I've had the car a year today!

vredesteins not as good in the wet as the ps2 or goodyears - ive used all 3 and prefer the ps2 or goodyear in winter.

What about Pirelli P Zero Rossos, they any good?

Oh dear =/ thought they were pretty good. Liked the fine detail as well where it says Zero written in red on the tire I believe. Might stick to F1's, Asymettricals or Contact Sport 3

What about Pirelli P Zero Rossos, they any good?

Rubbish tyres. Swapped them off my A3 at 4k they were that bad. My T4 with 205/50-16 Eagle F1s out gripped the 225/40-18 Rossos on our Quattro.

never got around to it, if I keep it long enough i'll whack a milltek on it along with some Koni FSD's

A set of Goodyears are the next thing for mine,as soon as these awful Bridgestones have worn down a bit and I convince myself they need to go.

Milltek are expensive,but the fit and finish are good,and the power gain from that alone is significant,much more so when you add in a remap.

Had 3 sets of GSD3's on my Quattro, absolutely love em.

Can't wait to get the runflats off my BM and replace with F1's