Tyres

SLineMK

Reaction score
Hi all, just had 2 new tyres fitted 255/35/19 by kwik fit. They are called Marangoni's anybody had any dealings with these before? £320 all in I knocked them down from £400 which was a bit extreme i thought. Not my usual place to get tyres must admit but needed them ASAP. Normally use camskill or black circles.

Never heard of them, let us know what you think - I hope they work out for you.

Great time to try them out in the snow!? The misses had to take the car so I have no idea what they have on the shelf.
I originally went in to fix a puncture to the rear but as always they said its to close to the side wall to fix. Plus in a couple months they would need changing anyway.
The misses said he didn't look to pleased about knocking the price down. I said either that or loose the sale.

Not bad £80 saving always worth a try.

Ah.Dont push them in the snow, they need time to bed in.On the way home from having my rears done i took a sharp bend and nearly ended up in a ditch!

To true. They seem to have that new glaze over them. Thank god the snow is melting!

Guys, Ive been using Veredestein's on my cars for that past few years. Good value, great grip and don't wear to quickly either! Oh and another thing we sometimes overlook - Low road noise!

Tyres
£171 fully fitted each.

Guys, Ive been using Veredestein's on my cars for that past few years. Good value, great grip and don't wear to quickly either! Oh and another thing we sometimes overlook - Low road noise!

Tyres
£171 fully fitted each.

I have these all round on the girlfriends A4 Sline. Not driven at great length, but so far - they have impressed me.

I've had Veredestein's in the past, found them pretty good.
I have Michelin Alpin pa4 at the moment, and in this weather there unstoppable.
Got them from Kwik-fit, best price I could find.

I thought Marangoni's were Kwik Fits budget tire?
So £160 each seems a bit steep to me when Vredesteins and Avons are only £10-£20 more each per tyre and proven performers.

These are kwikfits own tyres, they used to use centour (sp) which were supposedly made in same factory as perelli. Not sure about the Marangoni factory though.

The tyres carry a premimum over budgets as they have a 'warrenty' on accidental unrepairable damage for 12 months.
They also have free repairs/balance/valves for its legal life.

Marangoni Tyre Warranty from Kwik Fit

Those free repairs could have saved me a few quid in the last 3 months ive had 3 punctures!

I originally went in to fix a puncture to the rear but as always they said its to close to the side wall to fix. Plus in a couple months they would need changing anyway.

I have a Kwik fit 1 mile from the house. They said the same thing about my puncture and wanted to charge me £250 for a matching tyre. I asked them to put the space saver on and would come back to them because they had to order the tyre anyway. In the meantime I was recommended Micheldever Tyre & Auto Services | Cheap Car Tyres in Hampshire, Winchester which was a bit of a treck.

After a leasurely drive there, the puncture was repaired for £15 and I had another few months of driving before I had to replace it. Micheldever would have charged £175 for the same tyre.

These days I use Tyres Online | Cheap Tyres | Winter Tyres & Car Servicing UK, Buy car tyres online | Best Buy Tyres or Cheap Tyres Online | Van 4X4 Car Motorbike Tyres | TyreTraders UK

I had a puncture today and I have ordered a pair of Falken's £145 each all in.
I had difficulty getting the wheel off as it was seized to the housing and stupidly used the plastic alignment tool which of course in this cold weather snapped in one of the threads. I will have to drill it out but have to use the spacesaver on the four other bolt holes.

I recently got advice from another Audi owner about Barum Bravuris 2, tyres made by Continental at their Czech plant. Anyway, did a bit of research and managed to get 2 new fronts for £178 fully fitted on 225/50/17’s XL W rated. So far delighted with them and they are supposed to wear well too. Can’t believe I got 2 tyres full fitted for this price. I bought them at National Tyres but had to buy them through their eBay page otherwise they would have cost me £240.

I am going to provide feedback over the coming months about how I get on with them. The tyres that came off were Bridgestone Turanza’s. I still have Bridgestone’s on the rear as there is plenty of tread still left in them.

I recently got advice from another Audi owner about Barum Bravuris 2, tyres made by Continental at their Czech plant. Anyway, did a bit of research and managed to get 2 new fronts for £178 fully fitted on 225/50/17’s XL W rated. So far delighted with them and they are supposed to wear well too. Can’t believe I got 2 tyres full fitted for this price. I bought them at National Tyres but had to buy them through their eBay page otherwise they would have cost me £240.

I am going to provide feedback over the coming months about how I get on with them. The tyres that came off were Bridgestone Turanza’s. I still have Bridgestone’s on the rear as there is plenty of tread still left in them.

whoops
Barum Bravuris 2 225/50 ZR17 98W XL with raised rim rib - mytyres.co.uk

[url]http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-tyres-BARUM/BRAVURIS,2/225,50,R17,98,W,XL.html

[/URL]

The links provided are more expensive than mine and do not include fitting with valves and balancing. I was £178 all in for both tyres including fitting and balancing, not per tyre ;-).

Ah.For both.Thats a ****** good deal