1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by SLineMK, Jan 13, 2013.

1. SLineMK

SLineMK Member

Hi all, just had 2 new tyres fitted 255/35/19 by kwik fit. They are called Marangoni's anybody had any dealings with these before? £320 all in I knocked them down from £400 which was a bit extreme i thought. Not my usual place to get tyres must admit but needed them ASAP. Normally use camskill or black circles.
  2. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

WTF? didnt kwik fit have anything else ?
  3. longp2

longp2 Member

Never heard of them, let us know what you think - I hope they work out for you.
  4. SLineMK

SLineMK Member

Great time to try them out in the snow!? The misses had to take the car so I have no idea what they have on the shelf.
    I originally went in to fix a puncture to the rear but as always they said its to close to the side wall to fix. Plus in a couple months they would need changing anyway.
    The misses said he didn't look to pleased about knocking the price down. I said either that or loose the sale.

Not bad £80 saving always worth a try.
  5. johnnythepie

Ah.Dont push them in the snow, they need time to bed in.On the way home from having my rears done i took a sharp bend and nearly ended up in a ditch!
  6. SLineMK

SLineMK Member

To true. They seem to have that new glaze over them. Thank god the snow is melting!
  7. johnnythepie

thankfully it is in the midlands...feel for the east though
  8. @ndr3w

@ndr3w Member

Guys, Ive been using Veredestein's on my cars for that past few years. Good value, great grip and don't wear to quickly either! Oh and another thing we sometimes overlook - Low road noise!

Tyres
    £171 fully fitted each.
  9. ByronM

ByronM Member

I have these all round on the girlfriends A4 Sline. Not driven at great length, but so far - they have impressed me.
  10. Andy102

Andy102 Member

I've had Veredestein's in the past, found them pretty good.
    I have Michelin Alpin pa4 at the moment, and in this weather there unstoppable.
    Got them from Kwik-fit, best price I could find.
  11. AshA4

AshA4 Ash

I thought Marangoni's were Kwik Fits budget tire?
    So £160 each seems a bit steep to me when Vredesteins and Avons are only £10-£20 more each per tyre and proven performers.
  12. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

These are kwikfits own tyres, they used to use centour (sp) which were supposedly made in same factory as perelli. Not sure about the Marangoni factory though.

The tyres carry a premimum over budgets as they have a 'warrenty' on accidental unrepairable damage for 12 months.
    They also have free repairs/balance/valves for its legal life.

Marangoni Tyre Warranty from Kwik Fit

Those free repairs could have saved me a few quid in the last 3 months ive had 3 punctures!
  13. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

I have a Kwik fit 1 mile from the house. They said the same thing about my puncture and wanted to charge me £250 for a matching tyre. I asked them to put the space saver on and would come back to them because they had to order the tyre anyway. In the meantime I was recommended Micheldever Tyre & Auto Services | Cheap Car Tyres in Hampshire, Winchester which was a bit of a treck.

After a leasurely drive there, the puncture was repaired for £15 and I had another few months of driving before I had to replace it. Micheldever would have charged £175 for the same tyre.

These days I use Tyres Online | Cheap Tyres | Winter Tyres & Car Servicing UK, Buy car tyres online | Best Buy Tyres or Cheap Tyres Online | Van 4X4 Car Motorbike Tyres | TyreTraders UK
  14. Gazzaflem

Gazzaflem Member

15. rezulteo

rezulteo Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

How are you finding the Marangonis SLineMK?
  16. aphill24

aphill24 New Member

I had a puncture today and I have ordered a pair of Falken's £145 each all in.
    I had difficulty getting the wheel off as it was seized to the housing and stupidly used the plastic alignment tool which of course in this cold weather snapped in one of the threads. I will have to drill it out but have to use the spacesaver on the four other bolt holes.
  17. dancingbear

dancingbear New Member

I recently got advice from another Audi owner about Barum Bravuris 2, tyres made by Continental at their Czech plant. Anyway, did a bit of research and managed to get 2 new fronts for £178 fully fitted on 225/50/17’s XL W rated. So far delighted with them and they are supposed to wear well too. Can’t believe I got 2 tyres full fitted for this price. I bought them at National Tyres but had to buy them through their eBay page otherwise they would have cost me £240.

I am going to provide feedback over the coming months about how I get on with them. The tyres that came off were Bridgestone Turanza’s. I still have Bridgestone’s on the rear as there is plenty of tread still left in them.
  18. johnnythepie

whoops
    Barum Bravuris 2 225/50 ZR17 98W XL with raised rim rib - mytyres.co.uk

http://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/car-tyres-BARUM/BRAVURIS,2/225,50,R17,98,W,XL.html

19. dancingbear

dancingbear New Member

20. johnnythepie

Ah.For both.Thats a bloody good deal