Tyres with the best grip for a front wheel drive 2.0T petrol.

wyliss

Reaction score
I had Michelin and they were poor tbh. I'm now on Bridgestone and they are a little better. Which are the best?
I've heard Good Year Eagle NCT's ?????????????????:icon_thumright:

I can only comment on the vredesteins I have on now that replaced the utterly useless and sometimes scary Dunlop, after doing alot of research into this I went for the vredesteins and they have been nothing but mind blowing in all conditions they were superb in the recent snow. Front en
Value for money there is nothing better on the market.

Ran on Hankook's last year, was very impressed. Running on Toyo Proxes this year, great all round grip wet & dry.

I'm currently running Kumho KU39's after a fair bit of consideration (price vs. performance) and research on my FWD 2.0T. I'm finding they are good and good value.

Kumho Ecsta KU39 | the Kumho Ecsta KU39 reviewed and rated | the online tyre guide

On my MK1 SEAT Leon Cupra (180bhp FWD) I ran:
- Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - good but expensive and wore in a strange way which caused rumbling like the wheel bearings were worn.
- Falken FK-452 - good all rounder and better value than the Goodyear's.

Hope that gives you a few more ideas.

eagles yes
vredesteins aswell very good tyres used them loads

Vredesteins are amazing, I'd highly recommend them.
Which Michelins did you have on?

Torque steer isn't loss of grip though is it.
I've got PS3's at the minute and I've had 2 sets of PS2's, I've been impressed with all of them (I know mines a Quattro).
The Vredesteins were well up with the Michelins, and win hands down due to the price.

i had conti sport contact 2 on my b7.brilliant but only got 8000 out of em.Too soft i guess.

I've got P-Zero Rosso's on ATM and don't think I'm very impressed so far.
Vredesteins seem to be getting some good praise, might have to look into them next

Got some GoodYear Eagle F1's and theyve worn pretty quick over a 3 month period, causing juddering at full lock. On the otherhand, i do serious speeds around corners with full confidence in grip!