Tyres & Tread - Reasonable Level?

Leenx

Reaction score
Morning all,

Some of you may remember the nightmares I had had with Audi Bedford. Fortunately everything seems to be sorted now and I believe both myself and Audi Bedford now have a good relationship again.

BUT

Tyre tread - Now when I collected my S3 the report staed that pretty much all 4 tyres had 6mm of tread on them (car had done 3950 miles).
The car has now done 6900 miles and I would be surprised if there is anymore than 4mm on any of them.

Question is, does this seem right? I never abuse the car - i.e. I have never used it anywhere near it's full potential, infact you could say I've been extremely respectful to it, so do you think maybe the geometry is out etc? and do I have a comeback with Audi Bedford about this? as when they had the car in last they determined the car was fine all over after giving it that courtesy health check!

Feedback appreciated.

health check afaik doesnt include an alignment check does it, this is a winter one & it says including these but as its free I cant see them checking alignment at all, but could be wrong, ring them & ask them what health check they did on the car, dont mention anything to do with alignment, then you'll know.
Winter Health Check

Peace of mind... for free
As comforting as it is to be riding on Audi’s reputation for reliability and handling, here’s something to put you even more at ease in the face of a typically unpredictable British winter. Contact one of our Audi centres to arrange a free health check for your Audi this winter.

Our Audi Trained Technicians will inspect a number of key areas including:
„ Lights – operation and alignment
„ Drivebelt condition
„ Battery condition and fluid level
„ Brake Condition and fluid level
„ Cooling system condition and level
„ Exhaust condition