Tyres rubbing @ full lock

doeboy

Reaction score
My 225/40/18's are rubbing, am i right in thinking that this is what wheel spacer are used for?

Another issue is i'm due to have my RS4 reps repaired this week and i'm intending on changing the colour to charcol or some black shade, but thinking about it i don't think they can alter the colour of the centre cap can they? Being plastic it's hardly going to be able to "bake" at 200 DC now is it!

You must have the wrong offset wheel because i have 225/40/18 tyres and i've lowered my car 100mm and that doesn't rub.

Thats good news because im really worried about lowering mine next weekend and the MOT is shortly after..:ohmy:

But no rubbing on 100 mm you say im only going 30mm so should be safe then.

Right, so spacers should give me that little xtra width then?

As i say it's only at full lock.

rusty1983 said:
Thats good news because im really worried about lowering mine next weekend and the MOT is shortly after..:ohmy:

But no rubbing on 100 mm you say im only going 30mm so should be safe then.

Yup you'll be fine. :salute:

im lowered over a hundred mill, and only just catch on the inside on full lock thats with 18x8s with an et48, 15 mill spacers i have will sort that problem but will probs catch on the wheelarches then !!! If you aint rubbin you aint dubbin !

depends what tyres you have, just had my front tyres changed from toyos to khumos and the front s rub a tiny bit now. Mind you the front is rather low. The Khumo tyres have much wider side walls to protect the wheels from kerbing.

doeboy said:
My 225/40/18's are rubbing, am i right in thinking that this is what wheel spacer are used for?

Another issue is i'm due to have my RS4 reps repaired this week and i'm intending on changing the colour to charcol or some black shade, but thinking about it i don't think they can alter the colour of the centre cap can they? Being plastic it's hardly going to be able to "bake" at 200 DC now is it!
Have you had the front wheel alignment checked recently? if it's toeing out to far this can cause the inside edge to rub, on full lock, if its out a fair bit.