TYRES. GOODYEAR EAGLE F1's

Royceyy05

Reaction score
I have an S3 8p and im ready for a new set and I've decided on the Goodyear eagle f1's.

I've found that there are 3 different versions all with different ratings.

Asymmetric 1
Asymmetric 2
Asymmetric 3

I take it the Asymmetric 3's are the newer version but they're coming up allot cheaper that the Asymmetric 2's so it's confused me.

I'm useless with tyres so just wondering if someone could point out the better of the 3 so I don't go purchasing the worst version.

Cheers.

Should the Asymmetric 3 be better than its predecessor then? :)

I had the asy 2's and they where brilliant I had them on for around 10000 miles and had to change them as one had 2 screws in it and another caused an mot failure as it looks Like somebody tried to slash it and the core was exposed

As I was impressed with the asy 2s I decided to replace all 4 with asy 3s and these are just as good if not better as I find them a little quieter

I've just fitted to asymmetric 3's to my S3, have 2's on the rear have been using F1's for around 12 years now since the good old GSD3 days,the are a great tyre.

I will be ordering 2 for the rear in the coming months but to be honest i will go for the 2's over the 3's - reason being the rim protector ,it's much more pronounced and useful on the 2's. I was disgusted with the rim protector on the 3's it's non existent.

That's the only issue with the new assy 3 compared to the assy 2. There was a very genourous rim protector on the assy 2, on the assy 3 it's a lot less pronounced. Great tyres though .

Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

That's the only issue with the new assy 3 compared to the assy 2. There was a very genourous rim protector on the assy 2, on the assy 3 it's a lot less pronounced. Great tyres though .

Karls 3.0 TDI build thread

Wish i had seen that post before ordering, i would have went with the 2's :( Met you at inters a couple of years ago sound dude.

Cheers for the info guys :)

How much have you all been paying for a full set roughly?

I've seen 3's at £151 a tyre and the 2's at £120ish.

I'm not comfortable ordering off random websites unless anyone reputable on here can suggest a site they've used. Otherwise it will be main tyres dealers.

I don't mind paying the money but if I can get them cheaper than its a bonus

The cheapest for me was tyre leader.ie, not sure how tyre leader.co.uk compares, check them out though. The tyres are shipped form Germany. I ordered them on a Sunday night and had them Thursday.

Reactions: Royceyy05
Good old halfords can supply/fit assy 3's for £98 a tyres..

The assy 2's are £103 at ETS.

I just don't get why the 3's are cheaper Can't be just because of the rim protector.. Surly?

Ive ordered a set online at f1autocentres 86 quid each. If you use promo code compa2015 u get more money off. Blackcircles have these at 87 each. This is in 225 40 18 size.

Reactions: Royceyy05
I have a set of Pilot sport 4 which have lasted 15k. Been looking at the F1 tyre and wondering if there's much difference apart from the price?

I was hoping i'd get 20k. Been on just under a year and I mainly do motorway driving

I would be a little careful with F1's, my S3 destroyed a set long before the tread limits. Basically they just split round the inside on the front. Its not obvious unless you get down and look on the inside so its pretty dangerous IMHO.

Attachments

• 2013-02-26 14.27.21.jpg
    2013-02-26 14.27.21.jpg
    453.3 KB · Views: 103
^ The image is of Bridgestone's.

Wow , time to try Chinese budgets.

Reactions: paddy
Yes sorry Gaz they were my Bridgstones, The F1's warped with large bulges round the inside, i don't have a picture but at least the ride became so bad you knew you had a problem with F1's :)

Ive got goodyear asymetric 3's on mine and have to say what a brilliant tyre, done 5-6k so far on them and still seems plenty of life in them

Some cheap nangkans on my corsa. Not very good in the wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk