Tyres from Audi & Price match / beat against Kwik Fit

Alex_Wil

S3 - DSG - Black Edition - TTE Hybrid Turbo
Regional Rep
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if people knew about this.....

Currently have Bridgestone Potenza and my car has decided it doesn't want to grip anymore! and the tyres are not even that worn down!

Went on Audi website for new tyres and after doing some reading saw a good review on PS3 - they are charging £162 fitted!! so called Audi and got quote for 4 fitted to see if they could improve the price and got a quote of £554!? (nearly £100 cheaper just by making a call?) which I thought reasonable enough for an Audi Dealership - booked it in and got the confirmation email and at the bottom it said they wont get beaten on price from Kwik Fit!?

Checked the PS3 on Kwik fit and could get 4 fitted for £508 - passed this to Audi and they agreed to match it (with added free health check and car wash - which I believe is standard every time a car is booked in)

What's peoples thought on the final price of £508 FITTED - good for Audi or still too high for ps3's?

Cheers

Alex

Hi,

Just wondering if people knew about this.....

Currently have Bridgestone Potenza and my car has decided it doesn't want to grip anymore! and the tyres are not even that worn down!

Went on Audi website for new tyres and after doing some reading saw a good review on PS3 - they are charging £162 fitted!! so called Audi and got quote for 4 fitted to see if they could improve the price and got a quote of £554!? (nearly £100 cheaper just by making a call?) which I thought reasonable enough for an Audi Dealership - booked it in and got the confirmation email and at the bottom it said they wont get beaten on price from Kwik Fit!?

Checked the PS3 on Kwik fit and could get 4 fitted for £508 - passed this to Audi and they agreed to match it (with added free health check and car wash - which I believe is standard every time a car is booked in)

What's peoples thought on the final price of £508 FITTED - good for Audi or still too high for ps3's?

Cheers

Alex

PS3's are a good choice.

Camskill £413.96 delivered.

Add fitting costs...

It won't cost £94.04 to fit 4 tyres.

I'd say £30/£40 max, depending on who you know.

Saved you £50.

PS3's are a good choice.

Camskill £413.96 delivered.

Add fitting costs...

It won't cost £94.04 to fit 4 tyres.

I'd say £30/£40 max, depending on who you know.

Saved you £50.

To be honest fitting costs were the hazy point for me because wasn't sure what the norm was.

Reckon there is anyone out there who would offer a cheaper fitted price and ill put it to Audi and see if I can get them down that bit more! lol

If you go on mytyres or other online sites that do a deliver to fitting station option, ring a few of those garages local to you and see if they can do a better price, they should match them, if not you could always go to one of those places.

There are still savings to be made :)

Reactions: Alex_Wil
£500 is about right for 4 Michelin Pilot Sports fitted.

Yes you can get them cheaper online but, unless you know someone who can fit them it can be a bit of a chew on. I won't buy tyres online as I had a Run Flat on my BMW crack/split (pointed out by BMW as a possible faulty tyre) and Camskill didn't want to know.

Yeah I just paid £500 for 4 PS3`s fitted at a local garage, Audi quoted £650 then dropped to £550 and then said they could not understand how I could get them for cheaper! Lol

Reactions: Alex_Wil
198 for 2 fitted from cosco last year. Great price for 18's. But they put psi at 20. . .

Last time Audi fitted a tyre and balanced wheels for me they made a total hash of it, i took it to my local ATS who corrected the balance problem and said they where just totally and utterly out...

I normally pay £12 per corner for fitting and balancing with local outfit JK Tyres in Stirling.

I had 2x PS3s fitted for £240 at a local garage but the guy is the husband of a colleague, i'll be going back suffice to say!

Last time Audi fitted a tyre and balanced wheels for me they made a total hash of it, i took it to my local ATS who corrected the balance problem and said they where just totally and utterly out...

Reassuring! haha - haven't found any cheaper to get them to price match - think buying tyres and getting them fitted somewhere is only way to get them cheaper!

Thats what I'm doing, local ATS charge £17 a corner for fitting brand new tyres supplied by yourself. The Good Year eagle F1's i want are £96 each delivered on cam skill + £17 = £113 a corner, ATS are £138 each fitted…

Its between PS3 and F1 Asy's for me, the F1's peak on Tyre reviews, tests and ratings - TyreReviews especially on wear.

Not sure how thats relevant to a thread about tyres, but most dealers aren't going to spend 4 hours washing the car for you like we do… especially not when labour is upwards of £100 an hour!

We all know not to let dealers wash your car if you care about your paintwork, but an Audi dealer should be able to properly fit and balance a wheel, they actually managed to **** mine up twice, first when i picked it up, then after i went back with it for that and other things, after that i just said I'm not bringing it back again and just got ATS round the corner to do it & sent Audi the bill for it!

You may get them cheaper by buying them yourself, but you won't get a new tyre out of the fitters if they damage them fitting... That's really what you pay the premium for, accidents can happen

P.s. I buy mine online & get my mate to fit them!! Just thought I'd mention it :)

You may get them cheaper by buying them yourself, but you won't get a new tyre out of the fitters if they damage them fitting... That's really what you pay the premium for, accidents can happen

P.s. I buy mine online & get my mate to fit them!! Just thought I'd mention it :)

Really? But if your paying a reputable (nationwide) company to do a job, its not like they're doing it as a favour on the side. I think they'd have provisions if they cocked up fitting a tyre!

I think what he means is, if the tyre is somehow damaged during fitting they'll blame the tyre\supplier rather than take the heat themselves.

Really? But if your paying a reputable (nationwide) company to do a job, its not like they're doing it as a favour on the side. I think they'd have provisions if they cocked up fitting a tyre!

I doubt they'd pay for or replace a tyre that was bought elsewhere if fitting went wrong, after all you are asking them to do you a favour as your saving money by not buying from them!

I own a glazing company & if someone bought a window from someone else but asked me to fit it I would disclaim all liability of breakages or damage, after all it could end up costing me a lot of money for a job worth only a few quid (I know is a rather dramatic difference in trades but I would say there is a common link)

Worth asking I think, but I doubt many tyres get damaged in the fitting process to be fair

I just looked on black circle website and saw
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - 205/55 R16 W (91) £89.05 each, local garage to fit 4 all inclusive for £356.20
Why so cheap? Am I missing something?

I just looked on black circle website and saw
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - 205/55 R16 W (91) £89.05 each, local garage to fit 4 all inclusive for £356.20
Why so cheap? Am I missing something?

Think you're probably looking at different sized tyres to some others in this thread, mine for example were for 225/40/R18 rubber on the 18" S3 rotors.