1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyres For An A6 Avant - What's Best Toyo?

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by Ace_Bridger, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Ace_Bridger

Ace_Bridger New Member

[Jan 16, 2010]
    I am soon topick up my 'new' 2004 A6 Avant Sport with RS alloys. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent tyre? I want a decent hard wearing tyre offering me grip and my wife safety in the wet. I hear Toyos are pretty well thought of?

Any suggestions will be most welcome,

Cheers,

Ace.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. ph-allroad

ph-allroad New Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    Try ctyres.co.uk it has a lot of useful information and reviews of tyres for the price I would look at Dunlop SP Maxx for the few quid extra they appear to have a good write up.
  4. madmac

madmac New Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    Hi there

I have an A6 Avant 3.0 S-Line Quattro and have recently fitted Continental SportContact 3 tyres all round. they are a fantastic 'all round' tyre which i highly recommend. In the past I have had Michellin and Bridgestone but I would recommend the conti's hands down.

cheers
  5. Ace_Bridger

Ace_Bridger New Member

[Jan 17, 2010]
    Cheers guys, I'll have a read and digest..thanks for the leads. Picked up the car today, it's awesome!!!
  6. Inskip75

Inskip75 Member

[Jan 18, 2010]
    Read FJtwelves write up on tyres in handling section - he's virtually done a one man test on all reputable tyres
  7. Fellc

Fellc New Member

[Jan 24, 2010]
    I put Toyo tires on A6 3.2 a couple of months ago and am pretty pleased, better grip than the Mitchelins I had previous and only 2/3 the price. Ordered mine online through Black Circles.