Tyre wear ,can you help please

domcj

Reaction score
Can you help, I have just looked at the old wheels that were taken off the S3, and the inside edge of 2 of the tyres are worn really bad, Why ??

Is this commom, I dont know if its the front of rears. Would it be track rods ? Or does the camber just need setting up or do they do this as normal ?

Please help
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Had this quite a few times on both S3's I've had. Got the 4 wheel alingment done on them countless times but it still occured. It came down to a mixture of speed , roundabouts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif and that the fronts carry more power to the road. However having the right pressure in the tyre from the off seems to cure it a little.

I've managed to get down to the metal threads at one point, when we had a look, it looks like someones got a handplane and gone round the inside edge and sheared it off!! Strange things was the rest of the tyre was fine for the amount of miles that was done on it. Ive still got the tyre at home as a momento. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Is the tyre hung on your garage wall with a plaque underneath it saying "I did that!" ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Well from what I have read 13k for a set of front tyres is good, it depends on your driving style and where you drive, I am sort of relieved now as I thought there was a problem with the car.

Tyres are cheap if you know where to go,. so its not the end of the world to change a set of front tyres every now and again, the car should only do about 3k a year