1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre wear & Alignment - A4 Quattro

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JohnboyC, Apr 14, 2009.

1. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

OK...my front tyres are showing wear on the outer edges.....in terms of front wheel alignment on my a4 2.5TDi Avant Quattro Sport, running 18" RS6 replicas & 235/40/ZR/18's tyres what does this mean ? Too much toe in or toe out ? wrong camber ?
    Or...is this normal wear pattern on a A4 Quattro ?

Preston Audi are quoting me £99 + VAT for 4 wheel laser alignment (2 hours work apparently)....other Audi Dealers are looking for in excess of £200 cough :ohmy:! Is there some special set up with the B6 A4 Quattro ?

Anyways..what do you guys out there recommend ?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Have they just started wearing like that, or have they always done it? Mine do it too to a certain extent, and I have been led to believe it's a feature of quattro drive :uhm: - I will get my alignment checked sometime, but am still planning a suspension swap sometime so will probably wait until after then.

I have always understood it to cost in the region of £100 to get it done, so £200 sounds a bit steep :cool:

4. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The tyres on my A6 always do the same, put it down to my enthusiastic cornering technique as the wifes A4 doesn't do it. When i was in scotland audi glasgow quoted me £170, CLCM in Edinburgh did it a number of times i think the most expensive was about £60. F0r £200 you could drive to Edinburgh and get it done and still be cheaper....

5. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Must be time of the year, Im getting mine done next weekend for £45 last time I checked, here in leicester (tyres Galore)

Full optiflex 4 wheel alignment on a Proper machine!

http://www.tyresgalore.co.uk/alignment.html

6. bubstar

bubstar Member

My tyres wore perfectly, even across the whole tread.

Try a local large bodyshop for the 4x4 geometry, their labour rate should be very low compared to dealers.

7. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Like the BUB said, bodyshops have them, well most should do as they need them after the banged up motors they get in.
    I used to work for Ford years ago and we had one, best thing they invested in!!