1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre size...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_vando, Jan 19, 2005.

1. Hi,

Have just shafted one of my 215/35 ZR18 tyres so need to purchase a couple of replacements, got an idea of which make I want but just not sure whether to go up a size to something like 225/40 cos the guys at Hi-Q reckoned my tyres were a bit on the narrow side. I've got the standard alloy on at the moment and it seems to scrub on full lock. My cars been lowered on H&R lowering springs, but not sure how much I'm afraid. Don't want any scrubbage if I can help it, so any ideas or advice would be much appreciated!!

Cheers

Steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S3_MCD

S3_MCD Member

Stevie ..if ur running 215/35s you defo dont want to go to 225/40s as ur gonna increase the rolling radius as tyre wall depth will increase by about 10%! will mess up the car a treat in terms of ESP. best to keep same all round.

4. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

I'm running 225/40/18 with Koni Adj's with H&R springs, no problems at all. (lowered about 35mm)

5. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

As said even with wider tyres you shouldn't have problems, I know of an A3T on 18's and with a 50mm dro without issues. I've seen 19 inch rims with 235 tyres on without rubbing issues as well, so your skinny tyres should not have problems....unless they're the wrong offset.

6. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you!
    Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    I know of an A3T on 18's and with a 50mm dro without issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine by any chance? If not, then mine is also running 225/40ZR18 ET35 on 8.5" rim width and lowered 50mm on H&R springs. Never hada single problem with rubbing even with 5 people and a bootfull of luggage.

Rich

7. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine by any chance? If not, then mine is also running 225/40ZR18 ET35 on 8.5" rim width and lowered 50mm on H&R springs. Never hada single problem with rubbing even with 5 people and a bootfull of luggage.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah yours....although Costa's was teh first that sprung to mind /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Glad you got it sorted Stevie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif