tyre size, need your advice please

meaney

Reaction score
I need to replace all four tyres on my 1.9 tdi quattro avant and im wondering is it possible to fit 245/45/17 instead of 235/45/17 ? will they rub on the inside of the arch ?

Depends what offset and width your running, I'd be more concerned with whether or not 245 would actually fit on the alloy as it's not a massive jump in width for rubbing and all that jazz.

Current pictures?

According to a website I've just found they're 7.5J ET38 in which case I definitely wouldn't be running 245 as 235 is overkill for that width and offset in my opinion (and according to allot of sources, strange that Audi used tyres that wide to be honest if this is the case), funnily enough I'm about to put 225 on the exact same width and offset (although now you've mentioned this I'm actually tempted to try 235 haha).

Go for it Jake , I've 235 on 7.5 and OE on some VAG , Passat B6 Sport etc .

Biggest footprint whilst not increasing wheel weight .

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
Well the problem I have now is I want to run 235 45 17 Michelin Pilot Sport 4's but can only find them fitted in 225 or 245 haha damn.

Lol , typical .

Strange , I found them when I was looking back last December .

There's always Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 .

I don't run expensive premium tyres anymore .

Audi

this is my car which is currently running 235/45/17 which as far as i know come standard on the sport model

I run 235-40-18 Michelin sport pilot 4's on the front and I have to say, I am very impressed with them over the perrelli's I was running before.

Reactions: DrStrange
I run 235-40-18 Michelin sport pilot 4's on the front and I have to say, I am very impressed with them over the perrelli's I was running before.

Pilot Sport 4's are incredible tyres!

Reactions: DieselJake