Tyre shreading TDI!!!

steve184

Reaction score
7000 miles, 4mm of tread left on front tyres (18s)!!!! - doesn't seem good to me and i wouldn't say im that heavy footed!!!

They are conti Sportcontact 2's btw

Get your wheel allignement checked - your tow/toe could be well off/ camber etc...

I'm on 16,900 miles and when I checked my tread depth on the fronts about 3 weeks ago they had 5mm left.

Michelin Pilot Sport Exaltos or something like that, can never remember all the blurb.

Im the same my tyres dont last long either! mine are 18's aswell.

nah tracking isn't out - completely even tyre wear, plus wheel straight and no pulling to one side etc

Hmm - something's not right there - I got 19k out of the same tyres.

I know its not relevant to this thread but my brother once bought some Eagle F1's for the front of his Corrado VR6, he got them cheap off a dodgy guy from the pub. We were shocked to find out that they had worn half down after 500 miles! The old dub is well known to be a tyre killer but WTF!

Watching the news a week later there was an article about fake goodyears being sold in the area :cool: No wonder they were rubbish, some chinese tat!

Suprised it doesnt happen more often these days to be honest, everything else is being faked!