tyre recommendations for the 3.2

itssam

A3 3.2Q Sport
Reaction score
looks like i might be needing some new front shoes for the a3... what do people recomend?

I do pretty high mileage, but i'm not about to scrimp on the things keeping me on the road :icon_thumright:

Sport Contact 2's or Eagle F1's. Although the later are a little soft the performance is amazing both in the wet & dry.

Goodyear Eagle F1's

Or what I have put on my mile muncher 235/35/19 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's - excellent so far!!

Had these on a 1.4 Ibiza and hated them with a passion, though on the A3 they seem ok. Far more capable that the crappy death rings known as Pirelli P Zero Nero that hated the slightest drop of water fitted to my 130 TDi.

i've had eagle f1s on other cars and while they are amazing for both wet and dry grip they do seem to disappear somewhat rapidly :(

Anyone tried the Toyo Proxie T1-R or Kumho KU31s? again had both before and been happy with them, Mhill pointed out some tyres just aren't suited to some cars...

i know there not expensive at 96 quid a tyre but falcon fk452s are great in the wet and dry for grip just not sure how long they last lol because ive only had em about 2 month i heard fk451 worn out pretty quick but theyve sorted that out with the 452s so i would buy another set for sure .....