tyre pressures

Scott

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an 09 A3 3dr and after apparently misreading the tyre pressures, I've been at 42 front 36 rear for sometime. I've just checked and it seems that I should be at 36/33 non-M+S medium load according to the sticker on my door. I've just been out and corrected the pressures to this but haven't been for a drive, I guess I'll find out on the way to Midland VW tomorrow.

So is 36/33 appropriate and will I notice much of a difference over 42/36 which I was at?

edit - 225/40R18 wheels :)

Cheers,
Scott

Ok SO now I think I've misread it again lol - I think it SHOULD be 42/36 and now I've just let some out to 36/33 oops? But going by what I've read, 42/36 is high. So what do I do??? Am I OK at 36/33?

It'll be fine at those for a breif trip, my sportback on 18's says 35/30 I think, or the other way round.

I guess black edition is on 18's with S-Line suspension, so if you bleed the pressures down a little you should find the ride a bit more compliant, but maybe a bit of roll-over on the edges if you're really "hanging one on the wall" so to speak.

I'm running 32/34 and it handles spot on! I have messed about with them and found that to be right

EDIT: I think am right but Micheal Jackson's death might have mumbled my mind a bit :S