1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tyre pressures

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Rcpvin, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Rcpvin

Rcpvin New Member

just wondering what tyre pressure people are running with on their 18 inch wheels with tyre size 225-40-18,i dont know if i am running too low with 32psi or if my tracking is causing my uneven tyre wear.
  2. scott b

scott b Active Member

when you say uneven, is it the middel or both outer edges that are wearing differently if so its down to tyre presure. if its just the outer or inner edge then its tracking
  3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Is your car a quattro? They tend to wear the outside and inside edge of tyres irrespective of pressures or tracking.
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I run mine at 38 all round.
  5. Rcpvin

Rcpvin New Member

hi thanks to all for replies. yes i forgot to say that it is a 1.9 quattro and that its mainly the edges of tyres that are wearing fast specially since they are only 5 months old approx!
  6. palfy86

palfy86 Member

Im running 19"s on mine and same as you Rcpvin im unsure to what pressure to run in them. Similar story with wear as well on the rears, on the edges more than anything.
  7. Rcpvin

Rcpvin New Member

hi palfy ive been running with 36-38 for the last week ill give it another week to see if the wear as slowed at all,steering feels a lot sharper as well since increasing pressures.