1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre Pressure light

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Paul Laird, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

[Oct 10, 2009]
    Hey i have a 8p s3 after changen wheels from front to bk, tyre pressure light came on dash?? checked pressures o.k?? is there anyway of reseting the light, as there is no switch on the dash??:think::think:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Oct 10, 2009]
    Which light came on, was it in thge DIS or just the small icon in the cluster dials, you should have a TPMS button in the center console that you press until it beeps, then this resets the system, it takes 50-100km's to set itself up properly again.

Uh hold on your changed wheels then it came up, urrm hold old is your car cause wondering if you have the other sensor based TPMS like the upper level audi's.
  4. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

[Oct 10, 2009]
    it was the small icon on the dash , 2008 s3, couldnt see tpms button on the centre console?? all thats on the centre console is the esp button and a bit for holdin cards???:readit:
  5. kkp0897

kkp0897 Member

[Oct 11, 2009]
    Hello mate, you got one of these buttons? (circled yellow)..

[​IMG]
  6. NHN

[Oct 11, 2009]
    Thats the kiddy, press let it beep & reset & away you go.
  7. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

[Oct 11, 2009]
    nope m8 my esp buttons there, where ur esp buttons is my card holder, my m8 ed30 has one of the set buttons, cant seem to find mine anywhere, will post up pics of my dash to day :think:
  8. NHN

[Oct 11, 2009]
    Paul, check your DIS menus for any options cause if it isnt in the console then it must be somewhere else & are you 100% sure the car has this option cause audi dont usually make mistakes like this & its an 08 car so isnt like the MY10 cars with DIS warnings.

Have you got vagcom to connect to the car aswell as it would be shown on car net as an error, there are people in my sig link who can help or if you are interested then PM me as I sell genuine vagcom system.
  9. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Had my car in at audi 2day, they said my car is not! ment to have tyre pressure warning light???? they said somebody has been tampering bout with the cars ecu?? only person who has been in at the ecu is starperformance, audi said they reset it?? foned star, jim said he set the flash counter to zero so audi couldnt tell the car had been maped or anybody had been in at it??he also said he didnt touch anythin to do with the tyre pressure warning?? god knows what has happened, all i know is the light is out!:icon_thumright:
  10. NHN

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Urm interesting but it wouldnt be audi so it must have been Star mate, strange thing is it only appeared when you swapped wheels round, which doesnt make sense at all given you dont have any sensors in the wheels anyway.

Vagcom would have been able to disable this function anyway mate.

TPMS can be fitted to the car & oem style aswell cause I've done it to mine, cheap mod but takes few hours & knowledge.
  11. Paul Laird

Paul Laird Member

[Oct 12, 2009]
    Yeah i think am defo gona get vag com off you, prob get it off u in a couple of months as i need tyres first, but defo after that:yes: