Tyre pressure for 225/35/19

Dan320is

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have used the search function and found snippets of info' but no definitve answer.

I'm running a 225/35/19 and I'm unsure which pressures to run them on? I appreciate that even the air volume in the tyre will be different but the pressure should be the same?

Currently they are on the factory pressures of 36 front and 33 rear (3.2 V6), this seems to have increased the road noise somewhat.

Can anyone shed any light on pressures to run?

Not really a difinitive answer, but i run 34 front and 30 rear. Although over the last few months they dropped to the mid twenties! Thought the ride had been a touch more comfy of late!

Not really a difinitive answer, but i run 34 front and 30 rear. Although over the last few months they dropped to the mid twenties! Thought the ride had been a touch more comfy of late!

Thanks Tim, I'll try those pressures and see how it goes.

Are your wheels A8 Fat Fives 18x8.5?

i run 30psi all round

I'm running 225/35 19's on my S3 SB and I run them at 39F 38R which is perfect for me......I actually did a bit of research and found out the standard pressures for the RS3, as that runs this exact size of tyre as standard ( on the rear anyway, and 235/35 19 on the front and is roughly the same weight ), and that is 41F and 40R ( but those were too harsh for me ).

Last edited:
Yes A8 8.5x18's

That's a lot of pressure!

No, thats right... We run 42psi in the fronts on our 2010 170 TDi S-Line which is what the sticker states. The lower the profile, the higher the pressure to compensate.

Thanks for the response guys, I'll see how it drives with the standard pressures and maybe drop them slightly to see if road noise changes.

40psi is an accident waiting to happen.
you will lose alot of traction in the snow and wet
and lose some traction in the dry.
when you finally decide to put in the correct psi
the try will produce a drone like noise.

I have just upgraded to the same size tyres: 225/35/19.
Would you say 35 PSI all round if the best for my 2008 A3 2.0 TDI 170?

Hi Guy's,,,This is what I have been looking for after fitting 235/35/19 on my A4 3.0 Quatrro, Trouble is I cant get rid of the tyre pressure warning on my dash, that is after putting in 38 psi all round !!
Any idea's

did you swap the sensors from your old wheels to the new wheels ?

Yep that year of A4 will definitely have had sensors on each wheel unlike the new A4s that just use the ABS for tyre monitoring. If the controller can't communicate with the sensors that'll probably be why it's whinging :-(

Cheers for that Phil, That would explain things, do you know if the sensors are transferable or can I disable the warning ?
Many thanks for your help
Dave

Never seen them in the flesh but I'm assuming that they're part of the valves themselves on the old wheels - but should be able to be moved. Not sure on disabling it on the car but probably possible with a VCDS cable. Sorry to be vague.