Tyre help please.

geraint.davies

Reaction score
On my way to football tonight and heard a bang, got out of car to find flat tyre, the same tyre had been going down slowly and I had just been pumping up, put on space saver carried on.

Anyway, just got back and inspected tyre to find a nail and a fairly large screw in it!

Need to get a new tyre sorted tomorrow and trying to decide the best option.

Firstly, do you think there is any chance the tyre will be fixable?

Is there any issue with having 1 new tyre on the back? Had a TT before and seem to remember people saying there are haldex issues with tyre tread depth not matching and having to change in pairs?

Wasn't originally not going to go with the Bridgestones when they all needed replacing but it would really need to match if only replacing one.

Have found prices online for the Bridgestones of between £115 and £130 but really need to get this sorted tomorrow as car is needed on Thursday and can't bring myself to drive it far with the space saver on!!!

Many thanks in advance for the help.

An F1 will cost you less fitted. On line you have got to add fitting and balancing i expect.. Replace as a pair/Axel but no reason why your old tire cant be repaired if its just a nail hole and its not near the side wall.

Hi Paddy, cheers for the reply.

The prices I got included fitting and balancing.

Do you definately have to replace in pairs as this seems such a waste as the other back tyre is still good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk