Tyre dressing

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking for a bit of advice on tyre dressing, I currently use Meguiars Endurance and apply using the Meguiars applicator pad but the pad has seen better days and needs replacing. Do I replace the pad and carry on as normal or do I apply a different way? Or even use a different tyre dressing, I'm open to a different way of applying or even a different product and application, any advice greatfully recieved.
Thanks,
Matt

That's harder to do with gels and difficult to get even. Try either, an old boot polish tub with the soft sponge applicator pad or if you want to use a paint brush, use AG Rubber Care. It's way better than AG Tyre Dressing. If you go for the AG let it soak for 10 minutes then rub off excess with a MF. You will get sling on to the doors no matter what you use. Another excellent product is Blackfire. Less sling!
I have both AG and Megs End. If I'm not going out in the car for a while I'll use the Megs. If going straight out its the AG, then wiped down. The AG is a more Matt black finish where as the Megs will be more gloss.

Reactions: mattyboyc
Thanks for your input, I will get some AG rubber care and a new sponge applicator for the Meg end and stick with what I have but use the AG using the car straight away.
Thanks again,
Matt

Someone told me an old shoe shine pad works well. I've not tried it myself but might be worth a go if you have one or grab one in poundland?

The Shoe polish tub I mentioned above is the one that applies the polish through a hole in the sponge and you push down to apply more. Once polish is finished fill it with Megs Gel or any other tyre dressing.

Reactions: mattyboyc and scotty76
Reactions: scotty76 and mattyboyc
He's worse on Total Mini. He's always posting pics of his Audi!! :jump::jump::jump:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76