Tyre Choice

welder1027

Reaction score
Anyone got any advice regarding which is the best Tyres to fit to my 2007 S3? still got the factory tyres but not impressed with them, the handlings fine but they transmit too much road noise.

Would appreciate any sound advice as they're very close to needing replacing.

Ta.

This has been done several times recently,and there are a good few threads relating to this.

You will find that the Goodyear F1 assymetrics as well as the Michelin Pilot Sport 2 seem quite popular.....my views on the OEM Bridgestones have been echoed a number of times.

PS2 on mine. Had a health check 500 miles ago at Audi and they were 4mm all round and wearing evenly. Done 14000 miles on them since they were fitted in April. I get them through Citroen direct from Michelin at cost cause I'm parts manager there, I pay £103 plus Vat each for them so its a no brainer for me really. They are a tad noisey though.

One thing I have been told is that if you find them cheap on the net they are made of a poorer quality rubber not copies but from a different factory, not dead sure myself but that is what I have been told.

I rang for availability yesterday and they are on back order, they do list a PS3 now so looks like they'll be the ones to go for next.

Last edited:
Check out www.tyrereviews.co.uk and click on "view all tyres" gives you alot of info and ratings on pretty much every tyre available.
I used it when i stuck 4 on my S3, im using Uniroyal Rainsport 2's,and there very good and well priced !!

Thanks guys, very useful and food for thought, just need to do some net trawling now for prices. I did try looking through previous threads but am currently overseas and a snail of a network so it's a bit like sitting in the dentists waiting room.