Tyre choice

MGTURBOM

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've just got hold of a set of Audi A8 19 inch rims. Im planning to put them on my A4 3.0 tdi cabriolet. Checked the offset they are ET44...current wheels are ET43. Im planning to put 235/35's on the front but I'm thinking about going a little wider on the rear. The current setup is 235's on the front and 245's on the rear. The new rims are 9J. I'd just like a bit of guidance on how wide I could go on the rear...I was thinking 255/30. Appologies if this has been discussed before...I have'nt managed to find a suitable thread with the information I need. Any suggestions appreciated?.....

You may well need spacers to clear the front brake calipers, just FYI. Not sure on the limits for tyre widths on 9j, I will let someone else chime in...

I bought a set of a 19" 8.5j A6 Le Mans Edition wheels (RS4 style) recently and they came with a set of 255/35/19 tyres fitted. Already had 15mm spacers on the rear so no rubbing issues there. But rubbed with 5mm spacers up front so had to fit 10mm to clear.

I have been told that 235/35/19 should be fine however but not sure if 245s would be better and just run 5mm spacers up front.

There are some visual wheel offset/fitment guides available online which should give you a good idea on what options you have.

Az.

Thanks for the advice people. I did consider whether the caliper may be an issue and also wondered whether 235's would look too small on the rim. I think 255's on the rear is the safe option, there is a temptation to go wider but I dont want the car to look OTT!