Tyre Change - Esp fault

Gavin G

Reaction score
Got two tyres changed today and after driving a few mile the ESP light came on and stayed on. Steering alignment also seems out. Is it a common thing after a tyre change, would the tyre fitters possibly knocked something off?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Are the tyres the correct size ?. They should be the same size on all the wheels. Check tyre pressures. Not unheard of for wrong profile tyres to be fitted.

Reactions: Gavin G
Will check this morning thanks

I just changed 2 tyres on mine initially as I had a full set to fit to get it through its MOT and changed the size.

Sent my car crazy and had all sorts of faults!

All 4 tyres must be the same rolling radius, and therefore sizes front to rear must be identical, or at least comparable.

I changed the other 2 and all the faults cleared!

Hope that helps

John

Reactions: xpoweruk
This happened to me when I changed my two fronts (went from Dunlops SP's to Contis Sport 3), it settled down after about 20 minutes. I think the car goes through an adaptation process.

Well here is one for you. Took the car back to wheeler dealers this morning after nightshift, he checked them and swapped them round no change.

Got a full wheel alignment completed and that sorted both ESP and Steering alignment out, passenger side was way off.

The guy said "Are you sure you didn't hit a kerb between here and your house because that was way off?". At this point the wife came into my thoughts.

Asked her this evening and she all but admitted it saying she might have but doesn't remember with a guilty smile.

Moral of the story anything goes wrong with car check with wife first. lol

Checked and confirmed no other damage and all seems fine so alls well that ends well.

Oh, not good, wife needs retraining! I used to challenge my wife when I spotted "clean" marks on tyre side walls, from just "kissing" kerbs, it didn't go down well, but to be fair, it was me that caught one of the alloys on her car on a very high kerb once!