1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre advice

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by eqvvs63, Apr 14, 2011.

1. eqvvs63

eqvvs63 New Member

[Apr 14, 2011]
    Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion on good, quiet tyres for an A4 Cabriolet?

I have a 2.4 Sline with 235/40/18s on its currently running on Pirelli P Zero Rossos but I'm getting a lot of wheel noise and vibration through the pedals and steering wheel(coming from the front) on average UK road surfaces and on a bad surface it horrendous :( I've had the joints/suspension etc checked by two garages and its been given the all clear and I've had the wheels balanced too.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 1, 2014]

3. avant1980

avant1980 Member

[Apr 14, 2011]
    Strange Yr gettin noise from the zero's my wife has them on her a3 & has no probs. If it was me I'd buy a set of Avon or falkens , never have the money to get bridgestone or pilots. Deffo shop about for prices.
  4. Boulders

Boulders New Member

[Apr 14, 2011]
    I have used VREDESTEIN ( sorry about the caps but copy and pasted on my phone) and they have been great on my TFSI. I have P Zero's now as the price gap between the two has narrowed in recent times. The P Zero's are quieter, longer lasting and seem to have about the edge on grip. Not sure what to suggest as I have now run Conti sport contact 2's, VREDESTEIN, and the P zero's and I think they have the edge. Are you sure you don't have a egg shaped alloy?
  5. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

[Apr 15, 2011]
    Appears that Vredsteins are very difficult to get hold of up here at the moment so have gone for Dunlop replacements.
  6. bdub

bdub Member

[Apr 15, 2011]
    I run dunlop sport maxx TT's in this size on my 3.0 tdi Q. they are great for 20k miles and grippy, but noisey. will prob go for p zero rossos next as my bro has them on his A6 Q and rates them.
  7. Fireyjack

Fireyjack Member

[Apr 15, 2011]
    My last set of Vredestein Sessanta's were on my car for 13 months and did just 10,000 local miles.
    Granted I have a heavy right foot & plenty of bhp.

They have a good overall rating, but they're not the best for wear.

I've now decided to try Vredestein Cento's - got them from Mytyres & fitted them yesterday.

Quite right, their prices have gone up and hardly anyone has stock at the moment.

Tim.
  8. eqvvs63

eqvvs63 New Member

[Apr 16, 2011]
    Quick update I opted for Continental sports contact 3 on advice from the guys at the tyre place. The boss had them on his CLK cab and really rated them and said they quietened his down. Got them for £160 each balanced and fitted and so far so good they feel a lot more comfortable than the p zeros