Typical

Richyboyp

Reaction score
3 days of ownership and then. Car this morning covered in ash. There has been a big fire that kept me up all night. All the embers have deposited themselves all over my estate. Hope none were hot when they landed. Dilemma. Best way to clean? Car covered in dew this morn with a layer of ash. It's gonna b dry and crusty by the time I get home later. Bad times

Sorry to hear that. I would reccommend posting this in the detailing section along with photo or two as I am sure some of the guys there will have some good cleaning reccommendations

I'd have thought ash should be fairly water soluble so I'd just rinse with a hose. However, I'm not an expert - might be better off asking on detailingworld.co.uk

Fingers crossed it wasn't hot, but unless you are really close to the fire it shouldn't have been.

Didn't have the time this morn to hose off :( the sun is going to bake it on by the time I get home later. It's the dew on it this morn which will make it stick and then bake on. I'm close but I hope none were hot. Looking out of my window at 3 this morn I could see hot embers flying around.

Ill try the detailing section later. Sure they can help :)

Might be able to help you. Hose the car as much as you can. Use a pressure washer if you got one. Do you have access to a snow foam? This should break down to Ashes and help with the hose down afterwards. Don't put any sponge or wash mitts on the car as this can begin scratching the car. If you have to use a wash mitts make sure you put the 2 bucket method.

Reactions: RossR
When I get home I'm going to get the pressure washer on it. I am just hoping that the wind has blown most of it off by the to e I get home. I will take your advice and let you know how I go. My fingers are crossed!!

I've already got a load of sand on my car from a seafront drive the other night. I can see a very light coating on the bonnet, and I'm not touching it until the snow foam gets here. I'll hose it with the pressure washer in the meantime though. I'll start from a distance though, as a fair amount of it may wash off without forcing sand around the car at high pressure.

Might be able to help you. Hose the car as much as you can. Use a pressure washer if you got one. Do you have access to a snow foam? This should break down to Ashes and help with the hose down afterwards. Don't put any sponge or wash mitts on the car as this can begin scratching the car. If you have to use a wash mitts make sure you put the 2 bucket method.

This is all good advice. If you don't have access to a proper snow foam, then you could try something like this Halfords | Demon Shine Demon Foam With Snow Foam Gun 2 Litre

Use a pressure or high power hose to shift dirt rather than a sponge or a wash mitts is best option. When you physically out a sponge on the car and begin washing your moving the light partials around the car and resulting in light scratches on the body work and thus creates the swirl effect. Not good!

Like you wouldn't believe frag :) kinda annoyed I had to clean her as I've not even done 100 miles yet. It's not the cleaning I dislike, to be fair I enjoy it. It's the fact I wanted to keep it showroom clean for at least a week. Well it was not to be I guess. I'm just glad it's all clean now. It was going dark as I was using the wash leather so ill see tomorrow if there is any damage to the paint.