Type R to S3 help

Pjmc88

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct section to post in but here goes.

I currently have a Honda Civic Type R FN2 (2008) with mugen parts etc, owned a Type-R EP3 before that and an EP2 before so have had Honda's for over 6 years now. Here is my question. I extremely contemplating buying an Audi S3 8l(mk1) at the moment. A clean one for around 4/5k and around 1k on mods which would be, remap, coilovers, spacers etc.

I have driven one years ago, but I have heard such horror stories and such great stories of this soon to be classic. Is this seen as a downgrade or upgrade? I just have a huge urge for a turbo.

Need some opinions if i'm honest. I fancy a change and currently can't spend a lot due to saving for a mortgage. If I had the cash I would be going for a RS4 or as such.

Thanks

I personally don't own nor have I owned any of the cars in question but I'll give my opinion anyways. The 8l in comparison to your civic will feel very dated. Especially with the civics futuristic dials and styling etc. from what I've read the 8l s3 is a great car but I believe you'll be looking at 280bhp tops (I think) if you're gonna spend that 1k on other things as well. The civic is obviously N/A which is why I understand your wanting to move to a turbo car. Have you ever considered turbocharging the civic? Also have you considered an 8p s3. Early reg is a 56 I believe and a remap alone can get you seeing around 300bhp or infact consider a 2.0tfsi 8p as a remap can apparently have you seeing 280bhp