1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Piece Projectors

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by diarmuid, May 3, 2005.

1. diarmuid

diarmuid Member

[May 3, 2005]
    Just wondering is it a big job to fit two piece projector headlights lights? Is there a bit of hassle in getting them aligned right etc. Also will the existing motors work with the projectors (i've asked a guy on German e-bay and he said it would, just wanted to make sure)? I've heard that the fittament is not quite as good as the one piece ones but are they really that bad? Also, is there a big difference in performance with the projectors over the standard headlights (pre-facelift model)

I was tempted to fit the one piece projectors but the un-reversible modification of the wing is a bit daunting. I reckon I can always replace the original lights and sell the two piece projectors on when I go to sell my car. Might even recoup most of the money I buy them for too if I buy them from German Ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[May 4, 2005]
    if buying from german ebay, make sure they switch from left hand drive to right hand drive or your beam pattern will be all wrong.
    optics aren't as good and finish isn't as good. not sure bout motors but guess so. also the indicators they come with are normally different looking.
    i angle grinded my wing and ain't regretted it! makes sooooo much difference to the look of the car!
  4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 4, 2005]
    i am more than happy with my 2 piece projectors, the light is much better than STD. I did have to fiddle around a little to adjust them to fit tidily, other than that, well happy.

The motors fit perfectly and work too. I got the clear indicators and philips diadem bulbs in.

also the wiring is a straight swap, no soldering/joining looms.

That said, i will soon be looking to go for the 1 piece units, just for the OEM look and HIDS
  5. diarmuid

diarmuid Member

[May 4, 2005]
    Cheers for the info. I would definitely go for the one piece but don't like the idea of a irreversible mod.

I saw an S4 the other day with two piece prjectors and it looked quite sweet. However, I guess they are OEM (BOSH?) so the quality would be much better. I take it the original two piece S4 lights are Xenons only and would proably be quite expensive?

I'd appreciate it if you could post some pictures of your projectors Mawhitey (just to see the fitting you managed to achieve with them). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  6. imported_kris_tdi

imported_kris_tdi Guest

[May 4, 2005]
    you say irriverable, but you can still put the old headlights in fine and you cant see the bit you cut out.
  7. audiwerks64

audiwerks64 New Member

[May 21, 2005]
    why dont you check out the online shop at carisma styling

http://www.carismastyle.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

if you go down the page a little, they are there, and there design for the original A4s with the seperate side repeater.

I will be purchasing a set shortly, so ill put up some pics!!!!!