1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two DIS Trip computers?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dinothetiger, Jul 19, 2009.

1. dinothetiger

dinothetiger New Member

hi Guys,

I completed the mod to add the new DIS wiper stalk and new MF steering wheel to my car this weekend (A3 Tdi(170) 2007). Everything works fine, however i have a few questions;

1.) Should the steering wheel function keys light up in the dark?

2.) There are two trip computers and a MPH display options. Is this normal?

2. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

didnt you have the dual trip options & digital speedo using your old stalk? Isn't the newer stalk just a slightly different design for the intermitant wipe?

As far as I know the buttons dont light up, would be nice though.
  3. bluequattro

bluequattro Member

im pretty sure the wheel will light up m8, and im sure theres 2 dis computers, altho i maybe wrong?
  4. dinothetiger

dinothetiger New Member

aah, i just did the mod to change the wheel, and add the new wiper stalk with DIS. didnt have DIS stalk so couldnt navigate through menus, it only showed outside temp before hand.

I changed the coding for the steering and instrument cluster using VAGCOM, however now alittle miffed at the two DIS computer bit and afraid i might have coded it wrong.

What on earth could someone use two trip computers for?
  5. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Yes the buttons on the wheel should light up at night & its normal for 2 trip menus, think about it logically & you'll understand why, its a good idea.
  6. navnayyar

navnayyar Member

number 1 resets everytime the car is switch off so gives you mph, average speed etc for short journey

number 2 data is stored so gives you data for longer journeys or when you manually reset it :salute:

Number 2 is useful to know what MPG you get inbetween topups. as i only reset it when i top up!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  7. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

so your car was fitted with a highline cluster but not the stalk to control it? Thats odd.
  8. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Its been known Ew for that to be so, they just dont enable the menus or install the stalk, easy mod for someone huh.