1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

twin turbo conversion reqd

Discussion in 'Tuning' started by harvey c, May 14, 2008.

1. harvey c

harvey c New Member

[May 14, 2008]
    :yahoo:PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME FROM GOING MAD!!!
    I WANT TO TO UPGRADE MY 2.4 V6 CONVERTIBLE WITH TWIN TURBO'S AND BIG BRAKES. DOES ANYONE KNOW A REPUTABLE COMPANY TO CARRY OUT ALL ENGINE WORK?
    AND DOES ANYONE KNOW WERE I CAN GET BIG REAR BRAKES? I'M LOOKING TO FIT 6 POT UPGRADE TO FIT 19'S AS A MINIMUM

I FEEL MY DREAM IS REALISTIC AND CALL OUT TO ALL LIKEMINDED MATES TO HELP
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member

[May 14, 2008]
    Why not just sell it and buy a faster model? S4? RS4?
  4. harvey c

harvey c New Member

[May 15, 2008]
    but what can audi give within the 22k price bracket that gives the power of a twin turbo conversion, a 0 - 60 of 4 sec but the grace of the four seater convertible
  5. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[May 16, 2008]
    On the brakes. K-Sport do 8 pot front and 6 pot rear. Other than that you have the Movit, AP Racing and Tarox to have a look at. Tarox have a 10 and 12 pot upgrade or 6 and 10 pot one if you prefer.

On the turbo, I guess you will need to find someone local who can put it together (JBS have BT experience as do BackDraft and others) or see if an old 2.7 Bi Turbo from the old RS4 can fit?
  6. auroan

auroan Active Member

[May 16, 2008]
    An S4 convertible
  7. harvey c

harvey c New Member

[May 17, 2008]
    :think:phoned around alot and it looks like i'm gonna have to go for a custom build. will get some photos on site soon. going for rs4 big brakes front as i already have 19's fitted, still undecided on rear, a custom stainless steel double twin exhaust system and twin garret t25 turbos. should hopefully be able to use a lot of stock audi parts. trying to find a company that can incorporate r8 front air scoops on to long grille bumper to provide air to intercoolers. any recommendations would be a help
  8. istoo

istoo Member

[May 19, 2008]
    how about supercharging?
    none of that nasty turbo lag, PES in the US make a kit off the shelf for the 2.8 30v and the 3.0 30v , it means an engine transplant but its a V6 as well so some nice smooth torque
    http://www.pes-tuning.com/

i strongly suggest having a look on www.motorgeek.com to give you an idea of whats possible, do you know the limitations of the 2.4 block?

its a hell of a lot of work and for the money of A the car you have and B the upgrade i would say your better of just buying an S4 coop.
  9. harvey c

harvey c New Member

[May 20, 2008]
    REALLY DON'T WANT TO SELL MY BABY THATS WHY I'M NOT LOOKING AT S4'S. BUT THE ENGINE UPGRADE AND SUPERCHARGER DOES SOUND GOOD FOR THE PRICE.
    THANKS ISTOO FOR SUGGESTION :respekt:
    LOOKING INTO PURCHASING 3.0LT ENGINE AS I POST THIS. SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP OUT WOULD APPRECIATE ANY FORM OF CONTACTS OR INSIDER KNOWLEDGE.
    STILL LOOKING INTO REDESIGNING FRONT BUMPER IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS
  10. istoo

istoo Member

[May 21, 2008]
    another consideration, is this a FWD car or a Q?
    i dont think in a million years you will get a sub 5 sec 60 time in a FWD car, unless you have ideal circumstances.
    breakers and sourcing, try allaudi.co.uk