1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twin Pipe stainless exhaust system for 2.0 TDI

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by canham, Feb 13, 2012.

1. canham

canham Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    Not keen at all on the diesel, black twin exhaust which is angled to the ground. But finding it hard to find a nice stanless twin system for the 2.0 TDI range??? Not bothered about increase in performance talk etc....just to make the back end look a little nicer!!! Any suggestions?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    That black exhaust is soot covered stainless steel, (it is on mine,) and a few minutes with a good chrome cleaner brings it up nice and shiny. Not as good as chrome, though. :sadlike:
  4. canham

canham Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    I just hate that it is angled downwards rather than pointing straight out :/
  5. Indy

Indy Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    Do what I am doing this Wednesday, just get the backbox replaced with a straight pipe and a tip of your choice welded on the end. Won't cost you more than £100 and looks miles better and gives you a bit of sound too.
  6. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor

[Feb 14, 2012]
    Or do what alot of us have done and grind off the angled part and fit stainless steel exhaust tips on. Will cost you about £5 for the tips and the work will take about 15 minutes.
    The angled part is just a tip that has been welded on so it's fairly straight forward to grind off!
  7. Indy

Indy Member

[Feb 14, 2012]
    Or do as above. I could also do that with mine, but decided to ditch the backbox to get a bit more sound when accelerating.