TV Tuner

I aint never seen it in an Audi but my friend has it in his x5 and it is not that good. We got a lot of lost reception and freezing and alot of scanning and he admitted that he never used it ever as it was a bit of a gimmick. Hope that helps

NHN is the man to ask about these things :) I think it goes in the boot of the car. Not sure though

RNS-E connects to a MMI (Multi-Media Interface) that you can buy for £100 here. This runs the typical 3 RCA's.

Then buy a Car Freeview like this for £50.

I ran that exact setup with my RNS-E and was spot on.

Because the Freeview was quite small I put it on the glovebox, where the external CD-Changer fits.

£150 beats £500 anyday, and its very easy to fit - just plug and play really.

Hi many thanks for the info jb0o, can you tell me did you use the supplied aerial or did u opt for a hidden one, also are any other connectors required to get power to the unit (splicing cables behind radio).

I used the one supplied with the kit and just stuck it on the roof.

I didn't watch it that much, just when I was waiting in the car or having lunch in the car etc. But if I was to go on a long journey with passengers etc, I would deffo opt for a hidden one, as the one supplied is pretty ugly lol.

I was looking at the likes of this one, would look and perform pretty good sitting just behind the rear-view mirror.

No additional wires were needed but you do need to find a power source for the freeview unit. I just went for the simple option and wired it into the power cable of the RNS-E.

Also note that if you want to watch Freeview whilst driving you'll need to get the VIM hack done. Without the hack the RNS-E will refuse to show the TV mode.

Can I just get a few opinions on which tv tuners are best in terms of reception, functions and the ability to fit it in the glovebox or even hide it behind the glovebox (sorry if this sounds stupid dont know how much space is behind it).

Thanks