1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV TUNER? little bit of advice please?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by harvey183, Nov 11, 2008.

1. harvey183

harvey183 Member

[Nov 11, 2008]
    Hi all, didn't see a tv tuner as an option when I bought my facelift S3, can't see it on the internet or in the price and spec guide. I've been quoted £700 for an aftermarket fit, Alpine tuner etc and then an interface so it can be used through the controls on the sat nav plus. Full freeview and Dab radio stations etc.
    Does anyone know if the audi tv can be retro fitted and is it digital and at what sort of cost?
    Does what I've been quoted sound about right?

Just looking for some advice please, Many thanks!:)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 25, 2014]

3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 11, 2008]
    For 3rd party your about right, but do not be mistaken, it is not DAB radio it is DVB-TV radio stations and are sublect to the same signal issues as normal DVB-TV.

The OEM system is quite a costly installation, you need the OEM DVB/Analogue hybrid tuner, a cable set for installation, 3x new antenna amplifiers fitted into the tailgate and cables to the TV tuner and brackets in the boot to hold the TV tuner behind the trim.

Expect to pay around £1200 for the OEM system.
  4. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 13, 2008]
  5. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 13, 2008]
    Yes you can get one of those, but you would also need an AV adaptor for the RNS-E to connect the two together. I think for the £700 it will be a similar setup, a standalone DVB-TV box, AV adaptor and installation costs. Hopefully it will a be a nice one which you can control from the RNS-E.